• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland 321s/319s discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
013, 216, 419 and 460 initially I believe.

Due to the complete mess-up of Showbus today I didn't make it to St. Albans for the 319 handover, so I'll be aiming to get one on the 17:47 MKC-EUS tomorrow.
 

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
WCML 319s not shown as in service. Shortformed (350s) on at least three diagrams, usual LM top job.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,949
Location
Fenny Stratford
there were 2x 319 in Bletchley carriage sidings this morning, pans up and lights on. Also with new London midland branding and the 0714 Bletchley - Euston was a 4 car train
 
Last edited:

oversteer

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2011
Messages
742
0554 MKC - EUS is a pair of 350/2s if that saves anyone wasting their time :)

It had become a single 350/2 by the time it made it to Tring on the return journey.
Let me guess, the 321s are parked up in a siding somewhere doing nothing.
Thanks LM :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
I'll let everyone know what's on the 17:47 MKC-EUS then (by standing on the bridge waiting for it to come in and only buying a ticket if it's a 319!).
 

Ibex

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2010
Messages
802
I'll let everyone know what's on the 17:47 MKC-EUS then (by standing on the bridge waiting for it to come in and only buying a ticket if it's a 319!).

Save yourself the bother, it's allocated 350243 + 350102!
 

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
If that turns out to be true today I'll try for the 17:47 MKC-EUS again on Wednesday as it fits in with my work shifts.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,646
Location
Isle of Man
WCML 319s not shown as in service. Shortformed (350s) on at least three diagrams, usual LM top job.

Oh how I'm grateful I never have to use that shower of **** any more. They couldn't run a bath that lot.

Did the 0804 Tring-Euston run as 319s? That's never been anything other than a 321 (or cancelled if the 321s were having a paddy) in all the time I commuted from Apsley.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Oh how I'm grateful I never have to use that shower of **** any more. They couldn't run a bath that lot.

Did the 0804 Tring-Euston run as 319s? That's never been anything other than a 321 (or cancelled if the 321s were having a paddy) in all the time I commuted from Apsley.

The feeling is probably mutual, no more do they have to put up with you ranting and raving with your anti Govia chip on shoulder as you do. Do feel sorry for TPE though!

As to these 319s being parked up and not in use, could be any number of reasons for it and not beside it cost LM money to run them.
 

oversteer

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2011
Messages
742
Oh how I'm grateful I never have to use that shower of **** any more. They couldn't run a bath that lot.

Did the 0804 Tring-Euston run as 319s? That's never been anything other than a 321 (or cancelled if the 321s were having a paddy) in all the time I commuted from Apsley.

Single 350/2, full and standing by KL of course.
 

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
The feeling is probably mutual, no more do they have to put up with you ranting and raving with your anti Govia chip on shoulder as you do. Do feel sorry for TPE though!

As to these 319s being parked up and not in use, could be any number of reasons for it and not beside it cost LM money to run them.

Do you actually know why then, or just adding nothing as usual other than blinkered pro whoever employs you this week?
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,646
Location
Isle of Man
Single 350/2, full and standing by KL of course.

I think that proves my point.

But yeah, I have a "chip on my shoulder" and I'm "anti GoVia"* because I think charging nearly five grand a year for this is disgraceful.

:roll:


*OK, HLE13 might have a point with this one. Having paid the thick end of ten grand to those jokers in the last two years for this "service", I think they should be stripped of every single franchise.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As to these 319s being parked up and not in use, could be any number of reasons for it and not beside it cost LM money to run them.

What are these reasons then?

Please do tell. If it's a lack of training (as causton says) or defective trains, then how is that not GoVia's fault?
 

86211

Member
Joined
14 Apr 2015
Messages
24
The diagram for LM 319s this week is 2B10 0714 Bletchley to Euston and 2K91 1705 Euston to Milton Keynes Central.

The 1747 ex Milton Keynes Central is booked for two 350s.

321417 has gone to Wolverton Works and 321413 is on its way to Ilford.
 

Kristofferson

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2012
Messages
1,132
Are we going to have short forms all bloody week because they can't get the other two 319s into service? :(
 

Kristofferson

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2012
Messages
1,132
Hopefully they thought that through first and will just work the 350s harder. The next week or two will be rubbish for commuters though. I'll just go in later and leave earlier I think ;)
 

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
Oh so if I nip down to LBZ after work tomorrow I can catch the 319 back to MKC to arrive at 17:30?

No wait sorry 17:05 off Euston, got it now. Would have to get it as the 17:51 off Cheddington.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top