markydh
Member
WRT Below (Don't want another post for this...): "In the world where people in Newcastle have sod all idea what I know of or what I do for a living..."
My good man, I quote back to you your own words in answer to that. I highly doubt a 23 year old engineer (who if having done a 4 year MSc will have only been as such for 1 year) will be in any kind of position to have any influence whatsoever over the routings of high speed lines. You said yourself, fantasyI'm hoping the old embankmants will be used if nothing else, every single fantasy route I've come up with uses them.
Unless you work for the right department in Network Rail, work in the right department of various consultancy firms, work for the DfT or work for HS2 Ltd then what you do and claim to know is irrelevant (with the utmost of respect and reverence).So here are some facts as known at present. HS2 assumed service patterns from phase 2 onwards currently allows for just 1 outer Manchester station (not 2 as you suggest you have personally modelled for), which thus far has not been modelled (and will be served by 7 of the 9 services pencilled in to operate on this section of HS2). Assumptions are that Liverpool HS2 services will continue to join the high speed line at Lichfield post phase 2. This is all in their updated economic case report published as recently as 12th January.