• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(Light-Hearted) Worst-Targetted Ads on This Forum & Elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Joined
26 Sep 2016
Messages
1,605
Location
Kent
I am getting a Build A Bear advert :lol:
 

Attachments

  • 215A9946-475E-4996-A09B-8D478565D60D.png
    215A9946-475E-4996-A09B-8D478565D60D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,719
Location
Scotland
For some reason I've been getting Fiverr ads - which is understandable - but for some reason they're in French!

1681295031704.png
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,363
Location
Yorkshire
I just had an ad for a private health centre with branches in West Byfleet, Woking and Sunningdale... all of which are over 200 miles from me, and are places I've never lived! I did once have relatives who lived in West Byfleet, but they haven't lived there for about a decade and I'm not sure how the Google ads algorithm would know that, so I'm assuming coincidence. Still odd though.
 

A Challenge

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2016
Messages
2,837
I got an advert yesterday, while connected to my University's Student WiFi watching YouTube while eating lunch, directed at prospective undergraduates, trying to persuade to study at my University, which certainly seems a bit mis-targeted
 

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,498
Location
Birmingham
Good to know I have a local Waitrose, though it's a bit of walk from Halesowen to Blackfriars.


Screenshot 2023-05-03 124109.png
 

Dai Corner

Established Member
Joined
20 Jul 2015
Messages
6,994
Right below where I'm typing this: Wedding dresses.

I'm male and have no interest in or prospect of getting married. In any case, isn't it unlucky for the groom to see the dress before the big day?
 

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
9,721
Location
Croydon
Right below where I'm typing this: Wedding dresses.

I'm male and have no interest in or prospect of getting married. In any case, isn't it unlucky for the groom to see the dress before the big day?
It is unlucky if it is the first you know about the wedding o_O.
 

32475

Member
Joined
2 Nov 2019
Messages
815
Location
Sandwich
It seems that MI5 are very keen to recruit me.
I can only assume that my architectural design, DIY and animal husbandry skills have come to their attention!
 

GusB

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
8,165
Location
Elginshire
The ad I'm currently seeing at the bottom of the page is advertising a "shoting range" - in Krakow!

I wonder if this is linked in with the MI5 ad mentioned above :)
 
Last edited:

Dai Corner

Established Member
Joined
20 Jul 2015
Messages
6,994
The ad I'm currently seeing at the bottom of the page is advertising a "shoting range" - in Krakow!

I wonder if this is linked in with the MI5 and mentioned above :)
I'm getting that one, though at the top of the page.

I vaguely wondered if Ukrainian army recruiters might be there, inviting me to try some real-life shooting o_O
 

Calthrop

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2015
Messages
3,689
Appropriate, rather than ill-targeted; but I had to smile at one which showed up just now. The amusement-factor is due to a quite lengthy thread which is in progress at the moment on the "Railway History and Nostalgia" sub-forum, about the hypothetical transport-related details of Paddington Bear's arrival in Britain; and the ad's reading, "Marmalade Insurance -- Help your kids pass their test" (it being a car-insurance outfit).
 

Dai Corner

Established Member
Joined
20 Jul 2015
Messages
6,994
I was reading the South Wales Argus website earlier. One of the ads was by Stagecoach, promoting the £2 fare cap which only applies in England.
 

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,733
Location
Sheffield
One I have seen athe bottom of the main page is for a sale of Havanias Flip Flops.

I have also seen the advert for a shooting range in Krakow, Poland.
 

Purple Train

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2022
Messages
2,468
Location
Exile or exile
"Hassle Free Ferrari Buying."
I have also seen the advert for a shooting range in Krakow, Poland.
Being a more sedentary soul, I have an advert for a place named "Church Farm" in Radley! Maybe it's cottoned on to how much the Forum is discussing Nuneham at present...!
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,719
Location
Scotland
Still getting women's clothing, despite being male and never having bought women's clothing online.

1684174121905.png

Interestingly, I don't think I've received even one advert for men's clothing!
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,363
Location
Yorkshire
This one is, well... different I guess!
Screenshot_20230608-023941_Chrome.jpg
Image is a screenshot of this very website, but with a banner ad showing a manga-style female character with a speech bubble saying "Your size always surprise me" (sic)
o_O :s
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top