RTN
New Member
- Joined
- 30 Sep 2014
- Messages
- 1
Hello
Where on Northern Rail are the least appropriate regular deployments of Pacers?
I'm guessing Hope Valley and Calder Valley are up there, but I'm interested to know which other lines there are concerns about.
This is to help with campaigning work we're doing - Right Track North is calling on DfT to commit to a timetable for ending the use of Pacers on Northern Rail.
More here if you're interested. http://www.bettertransport.org.uk/b...north-campaigning-better-trains-north-england
Where on Northern Rail are the least appropriate regular deployments of Pacers?
I'm guessing Hope Valley and Calder Valley are up there, but I'm interested to know which other lines there are concerns about.
This is to help with campaigning work we're doing - Right Track North is calling on DfT to commit to a timetable for ending the use of Pacers on Northern Rail.
More here if you're interested. http://www.bettertransport.org.uk/b...north-campaigning-better-trains-north-england
ThanksHere is summary of what Right Track North is campaigning for:
Better trains: The large majority of Northern Rail's rolling stock is ageing diesels, many of which are nearing 30 years old. These are slow, uncomfortable and very unpopular with passengers. They will also be illegal by 2020 because of the poor access they offer to people with mobility problems. There should be a clear timetable for replacing older rolling stock and to meet basic standards of comfort, reliability and cleanliness, and to tackle overcrowding.
Last edited by a moderator: