• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

It's that time of year again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Im sure its been ranamed this year to 'single people moaning day' :) my facebook seems to think so anyway.

I was at Uni today and all I heard was people moaning about it. This included people in relationships :lol: Many people now seem to be aware that the retailers are working their hardest to create a 'hype' around the day to get us to spend money.

I've managed to avoid it this year... but do have a date next week! :)
 

district

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2011
Messages
1,116
Location
SE16
Can't stand everyone being bitter on Facebook. Just because you don't want to celebrate Valentines, doesn't mean no-one else should be able to! I was woken this morning by Mojo with a bacon sandwich, a card and a lovely rose, and now about to take him out to dinner!
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Can't stand everyone being bitter on Facebook. Just because you don't want to celebrate Valentines, doesn't mean no-one else should be able to!

Aye, but that works both ways, I can't stand everyone being lovey-dovey on Facebook. Just because you celebrate Valentine's doesn't mean everyone else should!
 

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Joined
12 Jul 2011
Messages
1,290
They've pushed the boat out! Asda put one out for 7p: http://your.asda.com/valentines/who-said-romance-is-dead-our-7p-valentine-s-card-is-a-winner-

Some places do pretty decent cards on the cheap though, Card Factory are one

I got one of those today from a customer.

Im sure its been ranamed this year to 'single people moaning day' :) my facebook seems to think so anyway.

As this is a family forum I cannot go into details of how I plan to spend Valentines day! lol

My day was doing Parking Fine appeals. I broke the pay button!

I was at Uni today and all I heard was people moaning about it. This included people in relationships :lol: Many people now seem to be aware that the retailers are working their hardest to create a 'hype' around the day to get us to spend money.

I've managed to avoid it this year... but do have a date next week! :)

That was me today
 

scotsman

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2010
Messages
3,252
Oh well, you could have done what a load of my mates did today, and marched for equal marriage.

Anyway, I sent - on the advice of someone else - a happy valentines day text to someone. All I got back was silence, until I sent another text, saying that I didn't mean it like that. Hmm...I've nae chance
 

Kernowfem

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2009
Messages
726
Location
The Midlands
Sod valentines day....cupid can shoot himself up the backside with that arrow of his. I did get a card this morning....ooooooh me thinks to myself, i have an admirer, then i go off on a tangent imagining some gorgeous bloke drooling at me from a distance....So i open the lovely red envelope and scroll down some tacky verse only to find it signed.......Love you mum, From Lady....Who is my dog!!! Good job i know my brothers handwriting isnt it?

I owe that swine big time!
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Oh joy. It's "Romance Week" on Pokémon TV.

Still, it does at least mean that one of the most amusing episodes ever is on a few weeks early.
 

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
I decided to swap mint for arch +openbox on the old craptop :D, caught up with the weekend's tv recordings and not much else
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
I fear my resolution may be about to fail. I'm speaking to a friend over MSN with whom I normally speak about love issues...
 

Heinz57

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
649
Location
Ilkeston
Sod all.
Valentine's day can bollocks.

:lol::lol: Where's that like button when you need it!

Another valentines day alone for me. This ones quite depressing because I know some other lucky *&£$%#, is spending it with the girl I've been after for the past 4 years.

So I spent the day today trying to do some dissertation but instead ended up spending most of it planning my next model railway which I won't be able to start construction on for at least another 7 months. All whilst watching a Waterloo Road box set. Such an exciting life I lead!! :lol:

I don't beleive in valentines day anyway. What is it exactly? Just something thought up by the card shops to make more money

*Dives for cover :D*
 

Lampshade

Established Member
Joined
3 Sep 2009
Messages
3,778
Location
South London
A time when some of us are overcome by joy...
A time when some of us are overcome by love...
A time when some of us are overcome by guilt...
A time when some of us are overcome by sadness...
A time when some of us are overcome by jealousy...
A time when some of us are overcome by indifference...

A time for not caring, going out and getting completely bladdered. Sorted :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top