• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,794
Location
Somewhere, not in London
I have four platforms, and sit between one former delta junction that is now fully closed, as the branch has closed and is now partly built on, and another delta junction where both routes are open, but one side of the delta has closed, making this a Y junction.
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,794
Location
Somewhere, not in London
It is neither Southampton or Leicster (You're moving in the right direction though), this station used to have fast through roads and more platforms that have since been removed.
This station sees more than 4tph between 6am and 9pm...
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,794
Location
Somewhere, not in London
Yup...

Junction to the North used to be a Delta formation for Blackburn and Lostock, to the south there was a delta to branch off to Bury, and the 2nd station used to be for the Bolton and Leigh Railway...
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
OK - try this:-

Rationalised in the 1960s, I was recently re-developed and my two platforms now incorporate right-hand running.
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
I was actually thinking of Axminster, but you're also right with Worcester Foregate St, so you must have it.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
mmm yes

And I thought the present layout isn't exactly recent
I don't remember any redevelopments recently (unless they were before my time); the current layout has been there since the 1970s rationalisation.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Here's one:

I was once served by class 166s, but that no longer is true - however I am now served by a class that looks a bit like me, but on a different route. Both of these classes were on trips to london. I also have services to two major stations in a city. Where am I?
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Warwick? Leamington? Hatton? All served by 166s when FGW ran the Stratford service, now served by Chiltern. And services to Moor Street and Snow Hill.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
None of these. NSE ran the service using 166s and the similar looking class is a 168/0. Sevices also terminate at this station.
 
Joined
26 Apr 2011
Messages
351
Location
...
Aylesbury?

on second thoughts, Kidderminster?

edit: open floor in the unlikely event that's correct...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top