• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
This is all I see.
About gnolife
Location
Wythenshawe, Sth Manchester
Interests
Football (fan, not player... Alty!), Lacrosse (Player), Reading (Fantasy)
Occupation
College Student
Local Line
Manchester to Manchester Airport
Gender
Male
2011 Mileage
917
Signature
Last Journey: Leeds to Manc'r Airport via New Pudsey. (70 mi 73 ch)
This Year
TOCs: ATW, AXC, FCC, FTPX, FGW, LM, Merseyrail, Northern, EMT, Southern, SWT, VT, W&S
Stock: 67, 142, 150, 153, 155, 156, 158, 170, 175, 180, 185, 220, 222, 313, 319, 323, 350, 390, 444, 450, 507, 508, and one unidentified southern EMU.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
A place where a train that stops at the station I'm thinking of stops at a place thats mentioned in shorthand in that.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Altrincham?

Never heard of 'em... :D
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Stockport. :lol: (which is the easternmost station on this route...)

Mobberley?
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
err... Ashley is further west than Mobberley... :?
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
I've just realised that myself actually, but Ashley is right

(I blame Alcohol for that error, sorry :( )
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
I'm at a junction on the Overground, 2 platforms, served by 8-car Southern trains.

That's pretty unambiguous as clues go, so make it go fast. :D
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
The least served of the three stations in this place, it is the only one of the stations to not serve one of two nearby city centres. It is easy to connect out of a train between this one, and the main one for this place, but not to connect into one. It has 2 plaforms.
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
well that took long :D

Well, it was only a guess based on the first part of the clue - I couldn't understand the rest of what you said !
---------------------------------

This station was formerly two separate stations - they merged in the 1980s. It has three platforms in the main part of the station, and a fourth platform reached by a long footbridge that was originally a separate station. You cannot travel very far in one direction from this fourth platform.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Basically, what I was trying to say is that its easy to go from a train into Baghill into a train at Monkhill, but not the other way round (due to connection times)
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I have 3 platforms; I am a junction station and I am served by a variety of Sprinter. I also have direct services to London yet services travel 'down' the line in order to get there.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
This station lies in the shadow of a non-league football ground, and is a through station on 2 seperate lines, which meet again at a second station, but at different heights.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Sorry, I interpreted it as "I'm right and I know I am" type of response, so didn't think to confirm it :(
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
OK.

This station is a single platform on a single line, but is immediately adjacent to a four way junction. Normally all passenger trains continue straight on over the junction, but sometimes diverted services reverse at the junction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top