• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Correct: it has services to all Birmingham stations and is served by class 150,158,172,323,350.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
As no-one has taken, here's another one:

I am a terminus station with one platform, and I have a half hourly service to a junction station. I have been rebuilt once. Where am I?
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
No

I am a non-electrified station and only a couple of services per day go beyond the junction station.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
This two platform station is one one of two direct lines between this lines two termini, one of which they must depart in opposite directions. Formerly the east most request stop on the line that its on. Sometimes, trains extend from one of the termini to a station that has a shorter route to the other terminus, but involves a change of trains.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Could one of the terminii be to do with Exeter??
One of the termini has something to do with Exeter, in the sense that you get CrossCountry trains trains going there from it.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Time for another clue, i think
This line gets pacers and sprinters, and also a third type of train when there's disruption.
The other line gets sprinters, and the same type of train as the other line gets in disruption.
 
Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
It's not Castle Cary

The company that manufactured the class of train that goes past this station in disruption also manufactured the EMU that serves the nearest mainline.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm going to say that the manufacturer mentioned above is Alstom.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I am now truly confused; am I the only one even making an effort? :|

Is the station served by FGW?
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
One of the termini has something to do with Exeter, in the sense that you get CrossCountry trains trains going there from it.
Manchester Picadilly I'm thinking.
The company that manufactured the class of train that goes past this station in disruption also manufactured the EMU that serves the nearest mainline.
So, it's a class 180

Oh dear, I'm really confused now - I give up, I don't know that area well.
 
Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Right, a brief summary of what you've been given
2 Platforms, and this station was formerly by request, the eastern most of the ones of this line
The line this station is on is run by Northern run using pacers and sprinters, with a competing line between its two termini run by a different operator, using a class of Alstom train and sprinters.

Your next clue is that both termini are served by direct trains to a London terminal.
 
Last edited:

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
:idea: A Class 180 used by Grand Central! :idea:

I'll look at a map after tea for inspiration ;)

I too think Bradford has something to do with the mystery station.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
An optimistic Mauldeth Road?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top