• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Correct, I would have also accepted Manchester London Road...
Really! :lol:

Okay, here's my one:

I have three platforms, with routes leading in three directions; one of the platforms can only be accessed by a line that has a 1/2 hourly service most of the day. I also have a direct service to London.
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Really! :lol:

Okay, here's my one:

I have three platforms, with routes leading in three directions; one of the platforms can only be accessed by a line that has a 1/2 hourly service most of the day. I also have a direct service to London.

Greenford fits.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Still fits.

A disambiguation clue is needed.

Lichfield TV if the route north is discounted as not normally having a service?
Nope
As does Selby tbh.
Nope

This station has direct services to seaside destinations in two directions within 30mins.
The third direction trains take a very long time to reach the other destination at the end of its line.
 
Last edited:

exile

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2011
Messages
1,342
Once one of the rare breed of triangular stations - but after 1965 served one route only. Just one platform operational, staffed and with a passing loop nearby, but not actually at the station.
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Ambergate is unstaffed - as is the other likely candidate Bishop Auckland. According to National Rail anyway
 

exile

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2011
Messages
1,342
It is Forres, sorry, I've been away. It is still staffed unlike the other candidates and the peculiarity about the passing loop is also unique (it's to the east of the Station rather than AT the station) AFAIK.
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
Ok, finally !

From this station it is only possible to reach one other station without reversing. It was closed saround 1970, but reopened again in the 1980s.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Have I stumped you all, or is it just that no-one is interested ?!

Just to say that I won't be logging in at all tomorrow, as I'm away in the Scottish borders.
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Well logically the station has to be a terminus, with a service that goes non-stop to another terminus, or to a junction station where the branch platform is a terminal bay and the branch has no direct access to the mainline.

Somewhere like Stourbridge Town - but that hasn't closed and reopened.

So yes stumped - at least for now
 
Last edited:

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
Not Sinfin.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looks like we need ANOTHER clue

This station was formerly electrified, but lost it's electrification in the 1960s
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I have 4 platforms, of which I have services to two separate stations in the same town/city. Two of the platforms are electrified and 5 types of rolling stock serve me (I think).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top