• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Deal or Sandwich maybe? They sort of fit the 'popular' tag but which way round?
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Surely if dzug2 has named stations that fit the description, he should get the baton unless you add a new criterion?

I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree.
With puzzles where several answers are possible, one that meets all the original criteria should be accepted, even if its not the one the OP intended.
Otherwise instead of testing knowledge of stations it becomes a mind-reading excercise - something rather different. :) :)
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I have 2 platforms, and I am on an electrified line, yet a third of my services are run by DMUs. Where am I?

I'll add clues if it's too vague. ;)
 

Boothby97

Established Member
Joined
24 Apr 2011
Messages
1,753
Location
Cleethorpes
Is it Hazel Grove, Woodsmoor or Davenport. Only one train a day is Electric, but have OHLE and each have 2 platforms.
 

exile

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2011
Messages
1,342
That's not much of a clue, it only narrows it down to a few hundred.
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,795
Location
Somewhere, not in London
Chester, oh wait... no
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is it on Merseyrail? (This is rhetorical as there isn't anywhere on the merseyrail network that fits the description)

Bidston: Wrong frequency ratio 4tph electric 1tph diesel
Ellesmere Port: Just no
Chester, Southport, Liverpool S Parkway and Hunts Cross all have too many platforms.
Kirkby and Omskirk have the wrong tph ratios too...
 
Last edited:

exile

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2011
Messages
1,342
Is there a rule to allow the thread to be restarted with a new question if no-one can answer within, say, 24 hours?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If there isn't this can just be an ad hoc question -
This station is the only one between Edge Hill and Warrington Central via Hunts Cross that is closed on Sundays.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Chester, oh wait... no
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is it on Merseyrail? (This is rhetorical as there isn't anywhere on the merseyrail network that fits the description)

Bidston: Wrong frequency ratio 4tph electric 1tph diesel
Ellesmere Port: Just no
Chester, Southport, Liverpool S Parkway and Hunts Cross all have too many platforms.
Kirkby and Omskirk have the wrong tph ratios too...

but Hunts Cross is Grade II listed.

Fareham is also Grade II listed, but has too many tph.
Hurst Green / Oxted have correct number of tph but are not Listed

Otherwise I'm still stumped.
Sorry everyone, I was coming back from Cornwall yesterday and the traffic was very bad on the M5; I told my parents to take the A38 instead as there were 1 1/2 hour delays on the M5.


Anyway, enough of my stories, back to the matter in hand: unfortunately Nym it isn't in the Merseyrail area but martinsh, you have the closest guess so far, and it is in the Southern region.
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
St Leonards Warrior Square?

No too many trains. Hurst Green? Doesn't look very listed though.

Nah scrub that lot. Bexhill for sure
 
Last edited:

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
St Leonards Warrior Square?

No too many trains. Hurst Green? Doesn't look very listed though.

Nah scrub that lot. Bexhill for sure
Yep, it's Bexhill (one of the only SR stations I've been to!)
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Try this one:

I have two platforms and am served by 4 TOCs. Southbound I generally have 5-6 trains an hour, northbound 3 or 4. I used to be a listed building but lost that status many years ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top