• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
Kirkham & Wesham?

Yes, absolutely correct.

It was a tricky one, Kirkham North Junction is where the suburban branch line to Blackpool South follows the Fylde coast through Lytham, Ansdell and Fairhaven and St Annes on Sea. This is now the Blackpool South branch line.

However between 1903 and 1965 there was a third line, the “Marton Line”, which went straight to Blackpool South and beyond to Blackpool Central. Its track bed is now a road called Yeadon Way and the M55 motorway. This junction involved a flyover to allow Preston bound trains to access the Up Fast line from the Marton line, the disused flyover bridge was not removed until the 1980s.
 
Last edited:

robschopper

Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
47
I have just two platforms, but three trains can leave simultaneously in three different directions. I serve no city, town or village. I used to have several terminating trains each day, but now have none.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
I want it to be Georgemas Jn, but it doesn't sit quite right...
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Hmmm... for a second there I almost posted Rugeley Trent Valley :o

This is going to be a tricky one...
 

robschopper

Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
47
Not too familiar with IOW but i would imagine the Steam line trains still terminate.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Rugeley TV has three platforms.
 

robschopper

Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
47
Not Clarbeston Road.

Clue: Two trains, travelling in opposite directions on the same route, can pass each other using the same platform, at the same time.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Back in the morning.
 
Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Dovey Junction doesn't fit. Nor any of the RETB locations. I'm stumped.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Dovey Junction really doesn't work in my head. Two trains in different directions from one platform? Machynlleth also doesn't work. And none of the remaining RETB have three directions to choose from, I think.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top