ValleyLines142
Established Member
802102 was on test at Bristol Parkway on Monday.
On Monday I'm looking to get an IET from Didcot P'way towards Paddington... Is there any way I'll know if it'll be one jist by looking at the running info or will I have to backtrack it to the origin, e.g North Pole?
Alright, thanks. I won't complain anyway if it is a HSTUm you can be 99% sure it'll be one!
There aren't many HSTs left now
On Monday I'm looking to get an IET from Didcot P'way towards Paddington... Is there any way I'll know if it'll be one just by looking at the running info or will I have to backtrack it to the origin, e.g North Pole?
Couple of 802s seen yesterday on diagrams IW954 (802008) and IW958 (802015).
Can anyone post the SATS and SUN diagram content for the 802 units please? LTP or else overwritten by STP.@Railperf No, the diagrams change this Sunday. The STP SX diagrams for the 802 5 cars for week 10-14th Dec are:
IW950
LA > 2C48 > 2E89 > SG
IW954
NP > 1P80 > 1W14 > 1P25 > 1D26 > 1P32 > 1W33 > 1P47 > NP
IW955
NP > 1K05 > 1D15 > 1P19 > 1D22 > 1P28 > 1W29 > 1P42 > NP
IW956 & IW964
NP > 1P02 (IW964 ONLY) > (ATTACH) 1C04 > 1A93 > 1C96 > LA
IW957 & IW963
LA (IW957), PZ (IW963) > (ATTACH) 1A77 > 1C80 > 1A35 > NP
IW958
NP > 1D13 > 1P16 > 1W19 > 1P29 > 1W31 > 1P44 > NP
IW959
NP > 1W12 > 1P22 > 1W23 > 1P33 > 1D34 > 1P41 > 1D38 > 1P48 > NP
IW960 & IW962
NP > 1C71 > 1A88 > 1C92 > LA(IW960), PZ(IE962)
IW961 & IW965
LA > 1A73 > 1C76 > 1A97 > NP
NP: North Pole
PZ: Penzance
LA: Laira
SG: Stoke Gifford
Usual disclaimers apply!
What's the latest on the 800/3s? I noticed 800320 on the 1710 Weston to Paddington today.
Per our instructions here they can multi for rescue purposes only. Software between 800s and 802s is not compatible for ordinary operation.
Also I cannot trace any content for IW951 or IW966 SX - do they still exist?
Perhaps you could provide some evidence to backup this assertion? Not saying you are wrong but I wasn't aware that HSTs bombed along at 125mph on this route.Gosh, I had no idea how slow the IETs were compared with the HSTs. The journey times on the Cotswold line have lengthened...
Perhaps you could provide some evidence to backup this assertion? Not saying you are wrong but I wasn't aware that HSTs bombed along at 125mph on this route.
Perhaps you could provide some evidence to backup this assertion? Not saying you are wrong but I wasn't aware that HSTs bombed along at 125mph on this route.
I’ve seen IET’s leave Reading 10 down, and make up all that time by the time they get to Worcester...Gosh, I had no idea how slow the IETs were compared with the HSTs. The journey times on the Cotswold line have lengthened...
Does anyone have all the current IET diagrams for Paddington to Penzance Via Castle Cary?
Gosh, I had no idea how slow the IETs were compared with the HSTs. The journey times on the Cotswold line have lengthened...
I dread to think how long HST stops would have taken on unstaffed platforms where most if not all of the doors on an eight-car set could be opened.
Consider the 1850 from WOS to PAD. This used to arrive into PAD just before 9pm during the Adelante days. Post Adelante the arrival time was around 21:30. On an IET from Jan 2019, it's 21:05. Therefore, slower than an Adelante.
Or examine Sunday diagrams from WOF to PAD. Journey time of around 2:45... on one of those wooden bench seats the DfT kindly specified and at longer than the listed journey time for an HST on a Sunday, it's hardly an improvement.
The IET's acceleration + shorter dwell times at stations should mean that end to end times decrease. The fact an IET is able to arrive on time at Worcester having left PAD 15 late indicates that the timetable could be more realistic and therefore provide faster journey times. I understand electrification has been delayed but why doesn't the new timetable reflect the alleged true capability of the IETs?
I don't know why you think the 18.50 from Worcester got to London any quicker when it was a 180 - the 2007-8 Cotswold Line timetable shows it reaching Paddington at, er, 21.27.