I thought I'd read somewhere that this would happen, and that fuel tank sizes had been planned accordingly.
Would be good PR if it does. I understand that the latest Arriva buses just introduced into service here in Derby (Wrightbus Streetlites) have "start/stop micro-hybrid technology", so if the new bi-modes don't match this by having to run on diesel under the wires for short distances as at Norwich, Greater Anglia will be leaving themselves open to criticism from those who care about clean air, the environment, etc., and there's a risk that they will be compared in a negative way with modern buses; people will ask why, if stop/start technology is available on modern buses, why can't trains switch quickly and easily from electric to diesel, and vice versa.
You're asking for alot of Infrastructure hassle.Its fine dropping a Pantograph in motion, but raising it on the move puts a massive risk of the Wires coming down. After last Thursday decible with Cambridge at a stand still.I am sure Network Rail aren't going to be too chuffed to see this exercise being carried out