dodecahedron67
Member
That 375 should be the actual livery with maybe a red/white stripe at cab ends. Subtle and classy unlike the garish current offering
It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.Maybe this wasn't far off after all.
Is there a GTR and Northern as well then?It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.
It’s part of a wider rollout of the new operator/sector names, they’re not going to re-do every single train into the full livery to start with, it’d take ages to get the names out there.
Thanks! I’d love to see the XC, SN and SWR ones if you’d be willing to show those please?It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.
It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.
Are you able to show all TOCs at once?It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.
He’s already shown that here:If you can, can you show Greater Anglia considering they have little signage on the side of their units. Thank you!
It seems weird that it says Greater Anglia when we know the regional identifier is just Anglia. But it might be that the name only changes when they get the livery to avoid initial confusion.Temporary rollout coming soon.....
It's almost like that screenshot is from a draft document and not the finished article, which is why it shouldn't have been put into the public domain!He’s already shown that here:
It seems weird that it says Greater Anglia when we know the regional identifier is just Anglia. But it might be that the name only changes when they get the livery to avoid initial confusion.
Alright, alright! I guess we’ll see what’s next to come out.It's almost like that screenshot is from a draft document and not the finished article, which is why it shouldn't have been put into the public domain!
Isn’t the HS1 train meant to be branded Great British Railways | High Speed based on previous postsIt's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.
Fairly sure that list was quickly proven to be outdated/incorrect.Isn’t the HS1 train meant to be branded Great British Railways | High Speed based on previous posts
Is this the best they could do?
It's already in what is basically the base GBR livery!
Yes theyll only reliver trains when they are due to be done except for 1 unit per "TOC" the DfT said. I guess the paint guarantee on the SE 375s has got more time to run.Oh look at that, less is more... can we keep it?
I remember Steve White saying there was no budget for a full GBR livery when it was first unveiled. That seems to have not changed.
Rightly, they're more focused on other things, and the dark blue SE livery is the smartest we have right now, in my opinion.
In the case of SE 375/376/377 though, once all are stickered up it wouldn’t be that much to simply repaint the doors and slap on the flag vinyl. I appreciate the blue might not be the right shade. But it would work in the interim. After all the 375s and 377s are different shades (the former Southeastern blue, the latter darker First Capital Connect blue) and I’d say it’s not immediately noticeable.Yes theyll only reliver trains when they are due to be done except for 1 unit per "TOC" the DfT said. I guess the paint guarantee on the SE 375s has got more time to run.
Well it makes sense, if they’re going to jazz it up they may as well use the most upto date logo.I would have thought that if they wanted to do a "Train per TOC" GBR launch for SE they would (and eventually will) do the full livery
This train is primarily about a special livery for the Bayeux Tapestry, not GBR. I wonder if an instruction has gone out for DFTO ToCs that says publicity events/special liveries like this must be done under the GBR logo not the legacy ToC one?
Completely agree, I just can’t warm to the actual new liveryI must admit, I would prefer it if the ‘temporary’ livery became the permanent.. let’s not overcomplicate things.
I can't be the only one a bit bored of the constant notifications of this thread -- getting excited to see if it's a new unit in the livery -- and it's just someone AGAIN saying what the livery should have been, or telling us they don't like it. Anti-climax! It's no secret by now that it's very marmite.
SWR units are gradually going through an external deep clean - you can actually see the yellow on the front of the Desiros now rather than a layer of filth! So I think it's just a DFTO cleaning programme rather than any impending livery change.Although I have noticed the 700s lost their grey for plain white - in preparation for GBR vinyls? Likewise the 379s are appearing whiter bit by bit too rather than brown!
While the remaining 387s go the other wayLikewise the 379s are appearing whiter bit by bit too rather than brown!
Just exterior work for now.Do all these GBR units have a GBR interior too or is it just exterior work at the moment?