• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great British Railways - First Train in New Livery

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,901
Maybe this wasn't far off after all.
It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260915-171704.png
    Screenshot_20260915-171704.png
    297 KB · Views: 449

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,569
Location
Lichfield
It’s part of a wider rollout of the new operator/sector names, they’re not going to re-do every single train into the full livery to start with, it’d take ages to get the names out there.

I'm aware of that, and it wasn't what I was suggesting.
 

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Joined
13 Sep 2014
Messages
2,588
I must admit, I would prefer it if the ‘temporary’ livery became the permanent.. let’s not overcomplicate things.
 

Many2Audi

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2026
Messages
12
Location
East London
It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.

If you can, can you show Greater Anglia considering they have little signage on the side of their units. Thank you!
 
Last edited:

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
If you can, can you show Greater Anglia considering they have little signage on the side of their units. Thank you!
He’s already shown that here:

Temporary rollout coming soon.....
It seems weird that it says Greater Anglia when we know the regional identifier is just Anglia. But it might be that the name only changes when they get the livery to avoid initial confusion.
 

northernbelle

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2018
Messages
777
He’s already shown that here:


It seems weird that it says Greater Anglia when we know the regional identifier is just Anglia. But it might be that the name only changes when they get the livery to avoid initial confusion.
It's almost like that screenshot is from a draft document and not the finished article, which is why it shouldn't have been put into the public domain!
 

JaJaWa

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2013
Messages
1,734
Location
⠀
It's pretty much exactly what was expected. Sorry, I missed your earlier message but there are examples for all TOCs.
Isn’t the HS1 train meant to be branded Great British Railways | High Speed based on previous posts
 

LLivery

Established Member
Joined
13 Jul 2014
Messages
1,718
Location
Southeastern land
Oh look at that, less is more... can we keep it?

Is this the best they could do?

It's already in what is basically the base GBR livery!

I remember Steve White saying there was no budget for a full GBR livery when it was first unveiled. That seems to have not changed.

Rightly, they're more focused on other things, and the dark blue SE livery is the smartest we have right now, in my opinion.
 

physics34

Established Member
Joined
1 Dec 2013
Messages
4,094
Oh look at that, less is more... can we keep it?



I remember Steve White saying there was no budget for a full GBR livery when it was first unveiled. That seems to have not changed.

Rightly, they're more focused on other things, and the dark blue SE livery is the smartest we have right now, in my opinion.
Yes theyll only reliver trains when they are due to be done except for 1 unit per "TOC" the DfT said. I guess the paint guarantee on the SE 375s has got more time to run.
Clearly the c2c units are due a paint job hence they are getting done and i reckon a few others classes will be due a paint job and will get GBR livery soon.
The rest will get just the GBR logo and the lettering, which is the wise thing to do.
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
Yes theyll only reliver trains when they are due to be done except for 1 unit per "TOC" the DfT said. I guess the paint guarantee on the SE 375s has got more time to run.
In the case of SE 375/376/377 though, once all are stickered up it wouldn’t be that much to simply repaint the doors and slap on the flag vinyl. I appreciate the blue might not be the right shade. But it would work in the interim. After all the 375s and 377s are different shades (the former Southeastern blue, the latter darker First Capital Connect blue) and I’d say it’s not immediately noticeable.

I’d definitely advocate that for the 376s having JUST been redone, because otherwise who knows how long they’ll carry the now out-of-date SE light blue doors for.
 

Definiteness

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2025
Messages
6
Location
Orpington
I would have thought that if they wanted to do a "Train per TOC" GBR launch for SE they would (and eventually will) do the full livery

This train is primarily about a special livery for the Bayeux Tapestry, not GBR. I wonder if an instruction has gone out for DFTO ToCs that says publicity events/special liveries like this must be done under the GBR logo not the legacy ToC one?
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
I would have thought that if they wanted to do a "Train per TOC" GBR launch for SE they would (and eventually will) do the full livery

This train is primarily about a special livery for the Bayeux Tapestry, not GBR. I wonder if an instruction has gone out for DFTO ToCs that says publicity events/special liveries like this must be done under the GBR logo not the legacy ToC one?
Well it makes sense, if they’re going to jazz it up they may as well use the most upto date logo.
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
I can't be the only one a bit bored of the constant notifications of this thread -- getting excited to see if it's a new unit in the livery -- and it's just someone AGAIN saying what the livery should have been, or telling us they don't like it. Anti-climax! It's no secret by now that it's very marmite.
 

ollyexe2808

Member
Joined
18 Jun 2023
Messages
140
Location
Exeter
I can't be the only one a bit bored of the constant notifications of this thread -- getting excited to see if it's a new unit in the livery -- and it's just someone AGAIN saying what the livery should have been, or telling us they don't like it. Anti-climax! It's no secret by now that it's very marmite.

Agreed! But people love a complain. I like the bingo card of figuring out if people want a return to the 'Big Four', classic Chocolate and Cream GWR or some late-90s privatisation-core niche brand in some clipart combination of teal and beige

Anyway....intrigued to see how the Chiltern launch goes and would be keen to know how soon we might see the temporary liveries on trains too. Being in GWR-land, all eyes are in December for me.....
 

Lknowles78

Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
28
I have moved and my house backs on to the ECML. Any news of the first Azuma, 700 or 379 getting the new livery? Sick of bland grey and white. Although I have noticed the 700s lost their grey for plain white - in preparation for GBR vinyls? Likewise the 379s are appearing whiter bit by bit too rather than brown!
 

Goldfish62

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Messages
13,225
Although I have noticed the 700s lost their grey for plain white - in preparation for GBR vinyls? Likewise the 379s are appearing whiter bit by bit too rather than brown!
SWR units are gradually going through an external deep clean - you can actually see the yellow on the front of the Desiros now rather than a layer of filth! So I think it's just a DFTO cleaning programme rather than any impending livery change.
 

Sparks807Evo

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2010
Messages
465
It did yes - gathering over on platform 1 with the MK5 in GBR livery. Not much coverage on it, I agree!
 

Top