• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great British Railways - First Train in New Livery

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
One of the disabled assistance buggies at Euston has been put into what looks like GBR livery - saw it this morning, but not close enough to fully check it out.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Invincible

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2022
Messages
856
Location
Surrey
Theres every chance Heidi Alexander and Peter Hendy wont be at the DFT come the end of Summer if we get a change of PM so its all still quite fluid at the moment.
Seems they and Laura Shoaf have fortnightly meetings on GBR progress.
The next main step is the opening of Cambridge South 28 June 2026, the first station to carry GBR branding. Not sure if they will have a GBR livery train?
 
Joined
8 Feb 2021
Messages
1,062
Location
Manchester
What I presume to be the new GBR seat moquette has been internally revealed to some DfTO TOCs today. Looks a million times better than the livery because it just uses tonal blues, no red or white plastered everywhere.

I’m not going to post a photo as I don’t want to get in trouble as I don’t think photos are public yet…
 

MboroFC

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2025
Messages
266
Location
United Kingdom
You'd think the Azuma's will have a refurb announcement soon. 8 years since they were introduced.
Could be the first UK express trains to receive the livery?
 

8ace

Member
Joined
25 Dec 2019
Messages
334
Location
Brighton
What I presume to be the new GBR seat moquette has been internally revealed to some DfTO TOCs today. Looks a million times better than the livery because it just uses tonal blues, no red or white plastered everywhere.

I’m not going to post a photo as I don’t want to get in trouble as I don’t think photos are public yet…
I suppose a bit of padding under the new moquette is too much to ask? :D
 

physics34

Established Member
Joined
1 Dec 2013
Messages
4,094
What I presume to be the new GBR seat moquette has been internally revealed to some DfTO TOCs today. Looks a million times better than the livery because it just uses tonal blues, no red or white plastered everywhere.

I’m not going to post a photo as I don’t want to get in trouble as I don’t think photos are public yet…
I hope its normal material and not sandpaper type used on southern
 

tumbles

Member
Joined
13 Aug 2020
Messages
191
Location
Portishead
You'd think the Azuma's will have a refurb announcement soon. 8 years since they were introduced.
Could be the first UK express trains to receive the livery?
Or the GWR Fleet. Saw 800001 at weekend and thought it was already looking tired. Don't think they're going to last as long as the HST's did.
 

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,571
Location
Lichfield
Has there been any further news on the GBR moquette mentioned on here last week?

Normally things like this are leaked within hours.
 

Class 466

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
2,143
Location
Atherton, UK
What I presume to be the new GBR seat moquette has been internally revealed to some DfTO TOCs today. Looks a million times better than the livery because it just uses tonal blues, no red or white plastered everywhere.

I’m not going to post a photo as I don’t want to get in trouble as I don’t think photos are public yet…
I think potentially there’s some confusion between a “GBR moquette” with the pre planned replacement TPE 802 Moquette shown on 10/06… unless both were revealed on the same day and both are differing shades of blue.
 

Banham7

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2020
Messages
227
Location
Lincolnshire
I loosely heard an LNER Azuma was undergoing a re-livery to GBR branding a few days back. Today, an unadvertised trip between Doncaster and York (and return) has been loaded into the system with a priority ECS from Bounds Green and returning to Doncaster Carr (links below), which could potentially suggest a press preview in York tomorrow for a release into service in the near future. Don't know if anyone else has information on this?

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N48846/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47494/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47493/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47491/2026-06-19/detailed
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,401
I loosely heard an LNER Azuma was undergoing a re-livery to GBR branding a few days back. Today, an unadvertised trip between Doncaster and York (and return) has been loaded into the system with a priority ECS from Bounds Green and returning to Doncaster Carr (links below), which could potentially suggest a press preview in York tomorrow for a release into service in the near future. Don't know if anyone else has information on this?

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N48846/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47494/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47493/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47491/2026-06-19/detailed
Could be. But only 20 minutes in York? Is that sufficient time to do all media stuff etc
 

CR165022

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2019
Messages
1,443
Location
Buckinghamshire
Is it possible it's also got a new interior and those York runs are for the press and the like to get a ride on it?
 

milooo

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2024
Messages
213
Location
Stevenage
I loosely heard an LNER Azuma was undergoing a re-livery to GBR branding a few days back. Today, an unadvertised trip between Doncaster and York (and return) has been loaded into the system with a priority ECS from Bounds Green and returning to Doncaster Carr (links below), which could potentially suggest a press preview in York tomorrow for a release into service in the near future. Don't know if anyone else has information on this?

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N48846/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47494/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47493/2026-06-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47491/2026-06-19/detailed
Allocated to 801228 according to RTT
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,401
Yes I believe so
The more I think. Very unlikely to be GBR wrap on Azusa (just yet).
Doncaster not exactly the best place to gather atrain load of dignitaries to board a train, and you want that first wow factor which you won't get arriving there.

Much better doing it at Kings Cross.

I reckon today is something different.

But, alas. It's a waiting game. Let's see what actually happens later.
 

Steddenm

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2017
Messages
1,251
Location
Clane, Co. Kildare
Apparently there is a unit hidden in Ilford shed which has been given the GBR wrap according to a few posts on TikTok and Instagram. Not sure when it is meant to be out though.
 

milooo

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2024
Messages
213
Location
Stevenage
The more I think. Very unlikely to be GBR wrap on Azusa (just yet).
Doncaster not exactly the best place to gather atrain load of dignitaries to board a train, and you want that first wow factor which you won't get arriving there.

Much better doing it at Kings Cross.

I reckon today is something different.

But, alas. It's a waiting game. Let's see what actually happens later.
Yes I will attempt to see it as it goes through Stevenage
 

milooo

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2024
Messages
213
Location
Stevenage
801228 is in LNER livery I just saw it pass Stevenage

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

It has a 'Gresley 150' sticker when the Century used to be
 

Top