Peter Mugridge
Veteran Member
One of the disabled assistance buggies at Euston has been put into what looks like GBR livery - saw it this morning, but not close enough to fully check it out.
Seems they and Laura Shoaf have fortnightly meetings on GBR progress.Theres every chance Heidi Alexander and Peter Hendy wont be at the DFT come the end of Summer if we get a change of PM so its all still quite fluid at the moment.
For the publicity, I'm sure a GBR-liveried train will be wheeled in - maybe a 700?Seems they and Laura Shoaf have fortnightly meetings on GBR progress.
The next main step is the opening of Cambridge South 28 June 2026, the first station to carry GBR branding. Not sure if they will have a GBR livery train?
For the publicity, I'm sure a GBR-liveried train will be wheeled in - maybe a 700?
I didn't know SNCB were getting involved!Complete with mandatory fully graffitied toilets.
I suppose a bit of padding under the new moquette is too much to ask?What I presume to be the new GBR seat moquette has been internally revealed to some DfTO TOCs today. Looks a million times better than the livery because it just uses tonal blues, no red or white plastered everywhere.
I’m not going to post a photo as I don’t want to get in trouble as I don’t think photos are public yet…
I suppose a bit of padding under the new moquette is too much to ask?![]()
I hope its normal material and not sandpaper type used on southernWhat I presume to be the new GBR seat moquette has been internally revealed to some DfTO TOCs today. Looks a million times better than the livery because it just uses tonal blues, no red or white plastered everywhere.
I’m not going to post a photo as I don’t want to get in trouble as I don’t think photos are public yet…
I hope its normal material and not sandpaper type used on southern
Or the GWR Fleet. Saw 800001 at weekend and thought it was already looking tired. Don't think they're going to last as long as the HST's did.You'd think the Azuma's will have a refurb announcement soon. 8 years since they were introduced.
Could be the first UK express trains to receive the livery?
I think potentially there’s some confusion between a “GBR moquette” with the pre planned replacement TPE 802 Moquette shown on 10/06… unless both were revealed on the same day and both are differing shades of blue.What I presume to be the new GBR seat moquette has been internally revealed to some DfTO TOCs today. Looks a million times better than the livery because it just uses tonal blues, no red or white plastered everywhere.
I’m not going to post a photo as I don’t want to get in trouble as I don’t think photos are public yet…
Could be. But only 20 minutes in York? Is that sufficient time to do all media stuff etcI loosely heard an LNER Azuma was undergoing a re-livery to GBR branding a few days back. Today, an unadvertised trip between Doncaster and York (and return) has been loaded into the system with a priority ECS from Bounds Green and returning to Doncaster Carr (links below), which could potentially suggest a press preview in York tomorrow for a release into service in the near future. Don't know if anyone else has information on this?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N48846/2026-06-19/detailed
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47494/2026-06-19/detailed
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47493/2026-06-19/detailed
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47491/2026-06-19/detailed
It's not GBR. It's just the British flag.One of the disabled assistance buggies at Euston has been put into what looks like GBR livery - saw it this morning, but not close enough to fully check it out.
Allocated to 801228 according to RTTI loosely heard an LNER Azuma was undergoing a re-livery to GBR branding a few days back. Today, an unadvertised trip between Doncaster and York (and return) has been loaded into the system with a priority ECS from Bounds Green and returning to Doncaster Carr (links below), which could potentially suggest a press preview in York tomorrow for a release into service in the near future. Don't know if anyone else has information on this?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N48846/2026-06-19/detailed
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47494/2026-06-19/detailed
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47493/2026-06-19/detailed
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N47491/2026-06-19/detailed
Isn't that the Century wrapped unit?Allocated to 801228 according to RTT
Yes I believe soIsn't that the Century wrapped unit?
The more I think. Very unlikely to be GBR wrap on Azusa (just yet).Yes I believe so
Yes I will attempt to see it as it goes through StevenageThe more I think. Very unlikely to be GBR wrap on Azusa (just yet).
Doncaster not exactly the best place to gather atrain load of dignitaries to board a train, and you want that first wow factor which you won't get arriving there.
Much better doing it at Kings Cross.
I reckon today is something different.
But, alas. It's a waiting game. Let's see what actually happens later.
Interested about this - I have heard rumours as well.Apparently there is a unit hidden in Ilford shed which has been given the GBR wrap according to a few posts on TikTok and Instagram. Not sure when it is meant to be out though.
https://x.com/davidhorne/status/2067839260229554302Good morning! A special occasion as we unveil new colours for one of our Azuma trains later today…
Ah! Gonna be interesting to see what this looks like thenDavid Horne has posted this which practically confirms this is indeed true that 801228 is the first unit in GBR colours ...
https://x.com/davidhorne/status/2067839260229554302
Looking at Wikipedia, it seems as if it is 150 years since his birth, today - 19th June. So all tallies up.It has a 'Gresley 150' sticker when the Century used to be