• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Goodbye National Express East Anglia.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight2004

Member
Joined
31 Jul 2009
Messages
101
now nxea they are no more is there any hope i will get a reply from them about money they still owe me, will the customer service desk in Norwich have closed and will the old franchise still receive mail? Their customer care was appauling their machine at walthamstow took 80 quid last march for a monthly ticket and after letters and non replies because it did not upload i thought i'd try one last time, tfl cant help as it was a national express machine that made the upload error so nxea will have the money. Of course i've never used the machine again. Another point
The ppl in the ticket office at walthamstow definately need some training in customer care (apparently Abellio are going to work on this) the other day i wanted to buy a ticket-upload my monthly oyster ticket they spent at least a minute chatting to each other , ignored me then decide it was too much trouble for them, they just said oh you haven't done it before so i said forget it- truly rubbish customer service- i ended up having to join a long queue downstairs at the tube station.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Another point
The ppl in the ticket office at walthamstow definately need some training in customer care (apparently Abellio are going to work on this) the other day i wanted to buy a ticket-upload my monthly oyster ticket they spent at least a minute chatting to each other , ignored me then decide it was too much trouble for them, they just said oh you haven't done it before so i said forget it- truly rubbish customer service- i ended up having to join a long queue downstairs at the tube station.

You could always have tried the second booking office at Walthamstow Central, assuming it was open (which I imagine it should have been).
 

andykn

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2012
Messages
232
These prices are all at the top end of what can be expected on an Advance. In the case of Bristol for instance, it is perfectly normal for them to be under £20 (and if you have a Railcard even the Firsts can be sub £20).

The NXEA First Class was nothing special, even on the Mk3s. As far as I know, power points *should* be installed before too long (someone will confirm or deny this, I'm sure), but otherwise it'll still be well behind most of the others...

I'm sure you can get 1st class advance tickets on other routes cheaper but it's when I want to travel that interests me.

Whilst NXEA First Class is well behind most of the others, this appears to apply to fares too and I'd like it to stay that way.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Part of the franchise specification for both the London-Norwich and the Stansted Express routes includes to improve First Class service, such as free newspapers, free Wi-Fi, free drinks and light refreshments...

<sigh> and higher fares to pay for it all. NXEA First Class already does free Wi-Fi, quite often the 1st class advance fares was only 3 quid more than second, in which the Wi-Fi cost 2.95. Although the gaps have widened a bit recently.
 

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2009
Messages
3,852
Location
UK
Depending on where you travel you can get good deals with pretty much all TOC's when it comes to advance tickets.

Last summer I managed to get a Clacton to Swansea standard class advance for 16 quid which I thought was quite good value. Gave me my first chance to try out Volo TV as I booked in the entertainment carriage!

Saying that I agree NXEA advance fares normally are cheap, traveling Ipswich to London I've never paid more than 12 quid in the last few years in First Class but you're not exactly getting much with the on train environment, although the recent addition of Wifi is a plus.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
A bit off topic again perhaps but regarding Anglia 153s am I right two were properly refurbished by 'One' with new carpets etc? Vaguely remember this being in a Rail magazine but not sure why only two were treated.. perhaps because they were cascaded.

I think the ex Anglia red interior looks really smart if worn
 

SprinterMan

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
2,341
Location
Hertford
A bit off topic again perhaps but regarding Anglia 153s am I right two were properly refurbished by 'One' with new carpets etc? Vaguely remember this being in a Rail magazine but not sure why only two were treated.. perhaps because they were cascaded.

I think the ex Anglia red interior looks really smart if worn

All still have the ex-Anglia red interior, 2 were repainted into 'One' colours IIRC.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top