• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf Rail Tour 2021: This time it's personal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,853
Location
Oakham
Thanks. How about not on a Mk4 set?
That would be the hybrid HST / class 91 MK3 sets early on in their life wouldn't it? But also slightly earlier the 17.36 King's Cross to Peterborough at the time they were first introduced; often a scratch rake usually of Mk2 carriages. It was generally diagrammed for the class 89, but it also saw the first passenger use of the class 91s.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dhansak

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2021
Messages
55
Location
West Sussex
Out of interest, do we know when the times will appear on RTT? I am planning to catch Friday's class 59 haulage down the Portsmouth Direct, but the rough timings on the GBRF site gives three hours Hounslow to Southampton, a journey which would ordinarily take about two hours; which implies a bit of hanging around in places en route.
 

Townsend Hook

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2011
Messages
932
Location
GB
Out of interest, do we know when the times will appear on RTT? I am planning to catch Friday's class 59 haulage down the Portsmouth Direct, but the rough timings on the GBRF site gives three hours Hounslow to Southampton, a journey which would ordinarily take about two hours; which implies a bit of hanging around in places en route.
GBRf said yesterday. So, who knows. 59003 is only a 60mph loco which probably goes some way to explain why the journey will take that much time.
 

DanNCL

Established Member
Joined
17 Jul 2017
Messages
5,123
Location
County Durham
I’ve finally had my e-ticket and seat allocation emailed to me this afternoon. Still no sign of timings on RTT though!
 

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,878
Location
Rugby
I’ve finally had my e-ticket and seat allocation emailed to me this afternoon. Still no sign of timings on RTT though!
Times should appear tonight.
 

TheHSRailFan

Member
Joined
16 Jun 2018
Messages
299
Times should appear tonight.
Good to hear!

I've got a basic plan of how I'm seeing day 1 tomorrow. I'm planning to see it enter and exit Victoria. I'm quite nervous when it comes to asking to go on the platform (ill be using a travelcard). But do we really know what platform it will be on tomorrow at Victoria?
 

LA50041

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2017
Messages
3,199
Good to hear!

I've got a basic plan of how I'm seeing day 1 tomorrow. I'm planning to see it enter and exit Victoria. I'm quite nervous when it comes to asking to go on the platform (ill be using a travelcard). But do we really know what platform it will be on tomorrow at Victoria?
Usually Railtours go from Platform 2.
Depending on how many coaches the train is I think only plats 2 and possibly 19 can accommodate longer than 12 cars
 

Devonman2014

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2015
Messages
425
Location
Exeter
73963 & 965 quoted elsewhere as bringing ECS up and being the 2x73 in use on day 1 with 66769 on the rear to be first main engine of the tour.
 

Tom

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2008
Messages
872
Location
35,000ft
Out of interest, do we know when the times will appear on RTT?
As with a lot of things at the moment, NR are running a little behind but they should be on RTT at around 2230 tonight (or 0030, can't remember when all the bits run for schedules running the next day that arrive just before they operate...)

Usually Railtours go from Platform 2.
Depending on how many coaches the train is I think only plats 2 and possibly 19 can accommodate longer than 12 cars
It's booked on 2 according to the timings I've seen.
 

FOCTOC

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2018
Messages
200
73963 & 965 quoted elsewhere as bringing ECS up and being the 2x73 in use on day 1 with 66769 on the rear to be first main engine of the tour.
It will be, they are currently both in Eastleigh Works stabled just off the stock.
 

55002

Established Member
Joined
16 Aug 2019
Messages
5,400
Location
Ldn
Where are the 50s coming from to get to Preston, they will be good to see
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,391
And there are three mainline registered class 50s currently at Kidderminster.
The middle one only needs to be authorised for transit on the mainline, it doesn't need to be capable of operating on its own on the mainline.
 

43 302

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2019
Messages
1,731
Location
London
The middle one only needs to be authorised for transit on the mainline, it doesn't need to be capable of operating on its own on the mainline.
True, but in that case only 44 of the C50A ones is a runner.
 

43 302

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2019
Messages
1,731
Location
London
Sounds like that is it then.
35 just needed new wheelsets so could also appear I guess. I personally think it will be 50008 seeing as 49 stood in for it on the Thanet Thunderer. That's not based on anything though.
 

Devonman2014

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2015
Messages
425
Location
Exeter
35 just needed new wheelsets so could also appear I guess. I personally think it will be 50008 seeing as 49 stood in for it on the Thanet Thunderer. That's not based on anything though.
Be nice if it was - did the Thanet thunderer tour and was a bit of a disappointment not getting 8 in !

where is 8 at moment and is it a runner ? since the tour not seen mention of it
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,165
Location
JB
I am reliably informed that 8 is not involved at all. The planned identities have already been surmised above.
 

Gazzab65

Member
Joined
16 May 2021
Messages
11
Location
Birmingham
35 just needed new wheelsets so could also appear I guess. I personally think it will be 50008 seeing as 49 stood in for it on the Thanet Thunderer. That's not based on anything though.
GBRf have stated on the WNXX forum that 50008 is definitely not involved.
 

TheHSRailFan

Member
Joined
16 Jun 2018
Messages
299
Most times are starting to come onto RTT and the NR database. compiling a few days at the moment but not all are on.
 

TheHSRailFan

Member
Joined
16 Jun 2018
Messages
299
beat me too it hahaha.

It looks like Day N and Day 1 are the ones having issues

edit:
Just noticed something that does not line up with the London gateway to Harwich schedule.
GBRF tours website says that it's going via 'Rainham' but the RTT/NR time says it's going via 'Upminster'.

Has there been a change or error? if there has been a change, best to write them all down in this thread if they are not changing the website.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top