That’s in the first class vehicle that is permanently declassified to standard, which does make sense.It's interesting that the first class IC70s have been done in red, rather than blue.
I would say that feeling that it is acceptable to have to make a choice between standing or getting a poorly positioned seat is also a symptom of the rail passenger's equivalent of Stockholm syndrome![]()
That’s in the first class vehicle that is permanently declassified to standard, which does make sense.
This will be a good coach to head for if you're travelling standard - apart from the obvious (having a bigger seat and more legroom) it'll probably be underused because some people will say "Ooo, this looks like first class" and avoid it, despite the declassification and seat colour.That’s in the first class vehicle that is permanently declassified to standard, which does make sense.
This will be a good coach to head for if you're travelling standard - apart from the obvious (having a bigger seat and more legroom) it'll probably be underused because some people will say "Ooo, this looks like first class" and avoid it, despite the declassification and seat colour.
There was no sticker to say “Standard” anywhere, only stitching on the antimacasas. I enjoyed my very comfortable journey with two other people in the entire carriageThis will be a good coach to head for if you're travelling standard - apart from the obvious (having a bigger seat and more legroom) it'll probably be underused because some people will say "Ooo, this looks like first class" and avoid it, despite the declassification and seat colour.
Gave me a nice, comfortable ride from York to Kings Cross back in May 2016... given the events later that day, it may be a good luck charm!It was a very nice ride in that coach back before EMT refurbished it. And it rung true what you said about most passengers thinking it was first class - even I had to double check!
Can anyone confirm if the catering car in DY23 is 40204, or something different, please?
Failed on Etches Park this morning. I think DY21 is still in for referb and the other set (it think) had only 1 power car on as the other end had a 43/0 which was not coupled up to the set.Does anyone know why today's DY022 diagram was a 4 car 222 today?
Was full and standing between Leicester and Loughborough.
Is there any way of knowing ahead of time whether a particular train will be one of these ex-GC HSTs or not?
I've tried on real time trains and I can't see that it distinguishes between "normal" HSTs and these ones. But I don't really know what to look for.
I ask partly out of curiosity, partly because I have a bike and it would be super useful to know in advance.
Is there any way of knowing ahead of time whether a particular train will be one of these ex-GC HSTs or not?
I've tried on real time trains and I can't see that it distinguishes between "normal" HSTs and these ones. But I don't really know what to look for.
I ask partly out of curiosity, partly because I have a bike and it would be super useful to know in advance.
Is there any way of knowing ahead of time whether a particular train will be one of these ex-GC HSTs or not?
I've tried on real time trains and I can't see that it distinguishes between "normal" HSTs and these ones. But I don't really know what to look for.
I ask partly out of curiosity, partly because I have a bike and it would be super useful to know in advance.
DY021 5C52 12+31 EP-SHF, 1C52 1359 SHF-STP, 1M56 1650 STP-COR, 1P71 1831 COR-STP,
1F73 2031 STP-DBY, 5F73 22+25 DBY-EP.
DY022 5C92 07+09 EP-DBY, 1C92 0731 DBY-STP, 1D24 1005 STP-NOT, 1B79 1945 NOT-STP,
1D81 2200 STP-NOT, 5D81 00+30 NOT-EP.
Diagrams on the 125 Group website show what is booked to work on the various HST circuits: https://www.125group.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HST-Diags-EMT.pdfIs there any way of knowing ahead of time whether a particular train will be one of these ex-GC HSTs or not?
I've tried on real time trains and I can't see that it distinguishes between "normal" HSTs and these ones. But I don't really know what to look for.
I ask partly out of curiosity, partly because I have a bike and it would be super useful to know in advance.
They are surprisingly fast accelerating. Virtually as quick as a 222 - the 222 is only 5 seconds ahead after 7 miles.Had 43423 & 43465 head to Sheffield as 5C52 today from Etches park, Derby.
Later worked 1C52 from Sheffield to St Pancras which I had from Derby to East Midlands Parkway.
Very rapid on acceleration they were.
And here is a run leaving Luton Airport Parkway 10 minutes late - 125mph in under 5 mins!!They are surprisingly fast accelerating. Virtually as quick as a 222 - the 222 is only 5 seconds ahead after 7 miles.
Not sure but I have seen at some stations the unreserved coach is advertised on the screens.Does anyone know what the unreserved coach is on these sets?
Coach D I believe, the declassified TF with red seats.Not sure but I have seen at some stations the unreserved coach is advertised on the screens.
It's a pity that more services don't offer this feature (and have trains long enough to do so): Declassified first class luxury for bearers of full price open tickets!Coach D I believe, the declassified TF with red seats.
GWR HST's can/could offer that as the set's where totally mixed up so you could find a Buffet was de-classified or a composite was de-classed.It's a pity that more services don't offer this feature (and have trains long enough to do so): Declassified first class luxury for bearers of full price open tickets!I always made a beeline for the declassified first vehicle when Grand Central were operating these sets.