Presumably those high backed seats will only be in the TRFB, whilst the 'standard' TF will keep IC70s?
That picture of First Class looks to be ex GWR, so perhaps one of the ex GWR buffets.
That's what I mean that is one of this vehicles, so won't the First Class carriage with the original seats be the poor relation? The ex GWR First Class seats are very comfortable and much better than the originals or are they going to squire extra seats like these to offer the same standard?The TRFB are ex-GWR vehicles from the 407xx range.
I thought at least 2 of them were from the 402xx range?The TRFB are ex-GWR vehicles from the 407xx range.
No. From the 402xx range. 40205/221 are two of the three.The TRFB are ex-GWR vehicles from the 407xx range.
I'm sure the TF will be full and the TRFB empty because of the clearly far superior IC70 seats?*
*Tongue firmly in cheek - contrary to most on the forum, I actually prefer the higher seats!!
No. From the 402xx range. 40205/221 are two of the three.
Ah fair enough, I stand corrected.
I can never remember the difference between the 402/407/409 vehicles, apart from one type (402?) has more seats than the other two and smaller staff accomodation.
Surely that would be an easy enough job to cover, just stitching a new leather panel over the top? Or by using antimacassers. The end of the carriages are also covered by panels embellished with 'GWR.I believe the 402XX have always been TRFBs (4 window), 404XX were TRSBs, (4 Windows), 407XX were TRB and later became TRFB (3 window larger kitchen), the 408XX series were converted by Midland Mainline from TRSBs to provide a larger kitchen for the Project Rio services (1 window blanked off in the passenger saloon side) and the 409XX are owned outright by First Group and converted from ex Virgin TRSBs (4 window).
I wonder if EMT will try to cover up the GWR stitching in the leather headrest? Hopefully they’ll retain those seats - I can see them being popular if they do.
I wonder if EMT will try to cover up the GWR stitching in the leather headrest? Hopefully they’ll retain those seats - I can see them being popular if they do.
They have done some odd numbering.There's been some renumbering - 42584-86 from 41201-03 and 41207-09 from 42403/06/09.
In what way?They have done some odd numbering.
No. From the 402xx range. 40205/221 are two of the three.
They are nice seats, much better than the originals! If it was decided to replace these with the originals out of the ex Grand Central TRBs, the person who had decided this would have been crazy!Travelled on one of these sets today and was surprised to see the GWR grey leather seats in the TRFB.
Well that's a waste of time and money from EMT (Easy Money Tackers). Stupid diagrams and then short formed by a 222 great start to the new and crap timetable.222015 just departed derby on the 0730 to London so only 1 set out today unless it comes out for its evening run.
A touch hysterical perhapsWell that's a waste of time and money from EMT (Easy Money Tackers). Stupid diagrams and then short formed by a 222 great start to the new and crap timetable.
But inst that a good thing they aren't replacing the IC70's, but I can understand about them being cheapskates though.Should be better once the third set is complete.
Though the decision not to replace the IC70s, does sound like EMT are being cheapskates.
222015 just departed derby on the 0730 to London so only 1 set out today unless it comes out for its evening run.
Never let facts get in the way of prejudices. Work is being funded by DfT so there will be a battle over every item of work.Should be better once the third set is complete.
Though the decision not to replace the IC70s, does sound like EMT are being cheapskates.
Never let facts get in the way of prejudices. Work is being funded by DfT so there will be a battle over every item of work.
I was thinking that there should be consistency within the first class coaches.
Or else it looks like a mess