driver9000
Established Member
- Joined
- 13 Jan 2008
- Messages
- 4,566
Also, what sorts of speed do drivers tend to approach stations at, in say, sprinter \ dmus?
That depends on the station and what aspects I'm running under. Drivers need to be under 10mph when passing over the OSS grids in bay platforms.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For all of you who are familiar with the Deansgate to Salford Crescent section, I'm sometimes amazed at how fast some Northern drivers approach Salford Crescent coming from Deansgate. It may very well be quite deceptive from within the saloon but they don't half seem to approach the station at a fair old steam of knots.
It's 50mph and the rising gradient helps you to lose speed. Approaching Salford Crescent coming from Ordsall Lane Junction I aim for 25mph at the trailing points just before the platform if the signal if off.
Last edited: