co-tr-paul
Established Member
Already discussed with DBc and idea scrapped. GWR staff not trained on 68s and no maintaince spares or knowledge yet. The only time anything will change will be next franchise.
Already discussed with DBc and idea scrapped. GWR staff not trained on 68s and no maintaince spares or knowledge yet. The only time anything will change will be next franchise.
What happened to 1C99 last night? I saw a green HST substituting this morning.
What happened to 1C99 last night? I saw a green HST substituting this morning.
Looks to have had a problem near St Germans, lost 25 mins between St Germans and Menheniot. and another25 lost between Par and Truro, 57 arrived Pz at 0951.
The green HST was on 1C40, and caught up with the down sleeper. and then potted along one signal block behind by the looks of the 15 min gap by the time it reached West Cornwall.
At a guess the time lost in Cornwall would have been due to slippery rails if last week's performance is anything to go by.
604 late due to rails also set came in reversed.
There is a path tomorrow morning for a light loco from Long Rock (Penzance) to Laira, returning in the afternoon as a Class 5 ECS. Perhaps co-tr-paul can shed some light on what is planned?
Also, Colas 70810. We are due a barrier coach re depot improvements/at300s.
70810 was down last week with the RILA surveying equipment fitted on the Penzance end whilst 66847 was around today with the equipment fitted on the London end.
I believe the moves tomorrow are GWR rather than Colas.
Separately I am hearing that the Truro to Penzance main line is closed every weekend in January for engineering works.
I think I know what the works are but am awaiting further details.
Where did you see the paths ? Not on RTT
70810 was down last week with the RILA surveying equipment fitted on the Penzance end whilst 66847 was around today with the equipment fitted on the London end.
I believe the moves tomorrow are GWR rather than Colas.
Separately I am hearing that the Truro to Penzance main line is closed every weekend in January for engineering works.
I think I know what the works are but am awaiting further details.
what on earth has st Erth got to do with connecting passengers to Newquay, clearly they mean st Ives don't they?Additional trains will run between St Erth and Penzance for connecting customers to and from Newquay.