• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW 57/6 (and DRS 57/3)s Unreliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

co-tr-paul

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2016
Messages
1,253
Location
Helston, Cornwall
Already discussed with DBc and idea scrapped. GWR staff not trained on 68s and no maintaince spares or knowledge yet. The only time anything will change will be next franchise.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
Already discussed with DBc and idea scrapped. GWR staff not trained on 68s and no maintaince spares or knowledge yet. The only time anything will change will be next franchise.

If haulage of the CNR is subbed out to DRS or DBC, why does GWR need maintenance spares or knowledge on 68s or 67s? Let the loco provider worry about that!

If GWR want to keep GWR drivers on these trains, then fine, if it can be sorted with the traction provider.
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
What happened to 1C99 last night? I saw a green HST substituting this morning.

Looks to have had a problem near St Germans, lost 25 mins between St Germans and Menheniot. and another25 lost between Par and Truro, 57 arrived Pz at 0951.

The green HST was on 1C40, and caught up with the down sleeper. and then potted along one signal block behind by the looks of the 15 min gap by the time it reached West Cornwall.
 

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
Looks to have had a problem near St Germans, lost 25 mins between St Germans and Menheniot. and another25 lost between Par and Truro, 57 arrived Pz at 0951.

The green HST was on 1C40, and caught up with the down sleeper. and then potted along one signal block behind by the looks of the 15 min gap by the time it reached West Cornwall.

At a guess the time lost in Cornwall would have been due to slippery rails if last week's performance is anything to go by.
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
At a guess the time lost in Cornwall would have been due to slippery rails if last week's performance is anything to go by.

Definitely if it was 57604 as mentioned above as I gather from a post elsewhere it's sander(???) is broken.
 

83G/84D

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2011
Messages
6,154
Location
Cornwall
There is a path tomorrow morning for a light loco from Long Rock (Penzance) to Laira, returning in the afternoon as a Class 5 ECS. Perhaps co-tr-paul can shed some light on what is planned?
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
There is a path tomorrow morning for a light loco from Long Rock (Penzance) to Laira, returning in the afternoon as a Class 5 ECS. Perhaps co-tr-paul can shed some light on what is planned?

66847 has been doing back and forth through the county light engine for the last week or so. It has what looks like surveying equipment on front- possibly gauging for the new trains?

Royal train ran through Exeter heading south about 2 hours ago, not sure if that's itinerary
 

83G/84D

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2011
Messages
6,154
Location
Cornwall
Also, Colas 70810. We are due a barrier coach re depot improvements/at300s.

70810 was down last week with the RILA surveying equipment fitted on the Penzance end whilst 66847 was around today with the equipment fitted on the London end.

I believe the moves tomorrow are GWR rather than Colas.

Separately I am hearing that the Truro to Penzance main line is closed every weekend in January for engineering works.

I think I know what the works are but am awaiting further details.
 
Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
70810 was down last week with the RILA surveying equipment fitted on the Penzance end whilst 66847 was around today with the equipment fitted on the London end.

I believe the moves tomorrow are GWR rather than Colas.

Separately I am hearing that the Truro to Penzance main line is closed every weekend in January for engineering works.

I think I know what the works are but am awaiting further details.

Where did you see the paths ? Not on RTT
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
70810 was down last week with the RILA surveying equipment fitted on the Penzance end whilst 66847 was around today with the equipment fitted on the London end.

I believe the moves tomorrow are GWR rather than Colas.

Separately I am hearing that the Truro to Penzance main line is closed every weekend in January for engineering works.

I think I know what the works are but am awaiting further details.

The engineering works is advertised on national rail future engineering works page

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx?TravelDate=07/01/2017&TOC=gw

I'm confused by this bit
Additional trains will run between St Erth and Penzance for connecting customers to and from Newquay.
what on earth has st Erth got to do with connecting passengers to Newquay, clearly they mean st Ives don't they?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top