Tetchytyke
Veteran Member
Direct TPE Airport-Victoria then change there, rather than changing at Piccadilly or Deansgate for the tram to Victoria.Are there direct trains between the two?
Direct TPE Airport-Victoria then change there, rather than changing at Piccadilly or Deansgate for the tram to Victoria.Are there direct trains between the two?
If the timings work, why not, but the direct TPE to Victoria runs only once per hour and doesn't normally operate on Sundays.Direct TPE Airport-Victoria then change there, rather than changing at Piccadilly or Deansgate for the tram to Victoria.
That's what this thread is trying to find out.The route "Via Metrolink CTLZ" only used to apply to rail journeys between pairs of stations in the TfGM area requiring (or having as an option) a need to cross Manchester between Piccadilly and Victoria using Metrolink. Every other journey required the passenger to pay for a Metrolink ticket. Has this changed?
My understanding was that all cross Manchester tickets, where the origin and destination were both within GM, were routed with the additional Manchester central zone validity.I remember the odd time in the old days getting a via Manchester Central Zone ticket to say Bolton and being told you had to travel via Metrolink. One instance was future advisory and one was an argument, If I recall. Either way I never went by Metrolink or bought the higher any permitted / Manchester fare ever in my years travelling, though I don’t think I ever bought one after switching to e tickets or on a physical ticket with an Aztec, as I didn’t have reason to do one of those journeys that were route Manchester Central Zone.
Yes change at Victoria. But due to the poor frequency, it's often quicker to walk, though.Are there direct trains between the two? Surely you'd have to change at Manchester Victoria or maybe at Salford Crescent?
It doesn't. From Huddersfield, you'd need the through ticket to be to destination 'GM METROLNK Z1' to travel in the City Centre.An open ticket from Huddersfield issued at the ticket office states 'valid for one journey to/from Manchester stations'. My understanding is that this does not include travel on the Metrolink...
It's an extra £1.40 for an adult single within Metrolink Zone 1 if/when such ticket is needed to be bought separately.Although a single zone 1 tram journey is under 2 pounds if you need to use it.