90019
Established Member
But here is the key question: Will you recognise and remember it?
No.
I've forgotten it already, and it's only been a minute or so.
But here is the key question: Will you recognise and remember it?
Running to Cologne will capture the business market, and it makes sense to operate trains there now given that the Liege - Aachen high speed line is IMO open now.
...those tails were actually rather beautfiully designed, and the concept was really great one, one of many diverse cultures etc, something I think the uk does represents. I just was never sure it was right for ba as ba is "british airways" and to not have the union flag on the tail, just seemed to make it look like they had an identity crisis, as the concept in relation to the uk wasn't really clear/mean much to the rest of world.I think in a year or so and when the trains have been reliveried with it, it will seem normal. It sure beats the rebranding of the olympics from the ribbon logo to the awful thing we have now. Or BA's famed failure of replacing the Union Flag logo on the tailplane to some awful cluttered things.
I'm more pleased at the new journey opportunities to be offered!
I'm undecided on the logo. The logo is clearly controversial, which I think is a good thing because it will stimulate public debate about Eurostar and get people to notice their new services; I've seen on this forum that the logo has already divided opinion. For me, it's rather like the London 2012 logo (which I think is absolutely awful) - that logo caught people's attention and stimulate the public consciousness about the Olympics.
Anyway, news of new services is always good news. Running to Cologne will capture the business market, and it makes sense to operate trains there now given that the Liege - Aachen high speed line is IMO open now.
Am I the only person happy with the change!
And again, same here in remaining rather undecided about the logo, but like a fair few TOC liveries & Logos, im sure it'll become more liked over the future years - Look at First Great Westerns new livery for example, i & im sure a fair few others were rather mixed about it at first, but personally, id go as far as saying that it's now the best livery on the network as a whole - the simpleness of the blue, vs the Dynamic Lines – No doubt designed to represent speed & style, modern-ness etc...
I too have mostly come to like Dynamic Lines, however I just cannot get over the pink doors, they're awful. Same with XC, a nice smart livery ruined by pink doors. I think white doors would probablly work alot better on First's livery, and probablly the nose colour for XC's doors.
I agree, I much prefer the old one and as others have mentioned, the word "Eurostar" could have at least been better integrated (perhaps into that squiggle).^^as professional graphic designer specialising in identity design, I'm horrified. terrible...
It has overtones of champagne coloured vomit emerging from a high speed train.