• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR - Trainee Train Drivers - Recruitment Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

spongebobs

New Member
Joined
6 Nov 2024
Messages
1
Location
Long buckby
I’m also in the Kettering talent pool, since January this year. Last I heard (possibly on this thread) was that they were oversubscribed.

I’m working on the assumption that my 2 years might come and go without a job offer. If I get a call then that will come as a pleasant surprise.
Still in the Kettering talent pool? I'm in the same position from 2024, just checking if you've heard anything
 

Ryanman

Member
Joined
19 Sep 2026
Messages
5
Location
derbyshire
Found out I failed depot driver role. They said they’ll hold my details for the next 6 months in case there’s further assessments. Gutted.
 

pally95

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2026
Messages
13
Location
nottongham
I got 4/4 in all and still didn’t get through. Probably among the lowest scorers in that category.
I also got 4/4 on all of them. Would like to see a more comprehensive breakdown of how they score them to try and understand where o went wrong and how to improve my chances for next time.
 

mr_ixolite

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2025
Messages
94
Location
Swadlincote
I got turned down with a decent arctic shores score AND a valid opc pass already in place, so lord knows what they are looking for, it's basically a lottery :lol:
 

Amos390

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2025
Messages
812
Location
Nottingham
I got turned down with a decent arctic shores score AND a valid opc pass already in place, so lord knows what they are looking for, it's basically a lottery :lol:
Did you get any feedback as to why you were turned down, I know a few people who applied for this and just got told ‘No.’ with no feedback or reason why, you’d think they’d at least give a reason, even if it’s just ‘too many applicants’
 

mr_ixolite

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2025
Messages
94
Location
Swadlincote
Did you get any feedback as to why you were turned down, I know a few people who applied for this and just got told ‘No.’ with no feedback or reason why, you’d think they’d at least give a reason, even if it’s just ‘too many applicants’
Nothing, just a standard "Thanks for your application / unfortunately we won't be interviewing you" email
 

Top