• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EC diversions via the Askern Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teaboy1

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
554
Location
Tickhill SY
Photo locations are a bit scant but would try Knottingley Station or where line peaks south of Knottingley ie where it passes under M62, here you will find a brick farmers over-bridge where line then drops. Dont remember if line is fenced off with bloomin palisade steel fencin or not ?? Otherwise Burton Salmon is always a good vista.
TB1
 

Chester025

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
1,066
Forthcoming drags between Doncaster and York via Askern utilising 67s -

Sat 15th Dec
1S04 0823 DON - YRK
1E21 1815 YRK - DON

Sun 16th Dec
1E21 1815 YRK - DON

Sat 5th and 12th Jan
1S04 0823 DON - YRK
1E05 1014 YRK - DON
1E21 1812 YRK - DON

Sun 13th Jan
1E21 1812 YRK - DON

Sat 19th and 26th Jan
1S04 0823 DON - YRK
1E05 1014 YRK - DON
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
Looking at these timings, I presume they would only need one class 67 working drags on any one day ?
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,378

ash39

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2012
Messages
1,524
Do hope so, whenever I see the thunderbird at Donny it's either 019 or 024 for some reason, so a welcome change!

I'll be getting some photos at York. Presumably the 67 will be staying there all day as well in order to work the return that evening.
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
Do hope so, whenever I see the thunderbird at Donny it's either 019 or 024 for some reason, so a welcome change!

I'll be getting some photos at York. Presumably the 67 will be staying there all day as well in order to work the return that evening.

And I'm hoping 019 might work the drags, being one of four 67s I still need for haulage.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
I assume this is why my GC service takes 40 mins longer on the Kings Cross - Northallerton schedule. Looks like i have scored an interesting diversion!
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,378
Progress was slow past works just north of Colton Junction so it would seem so. However I assume there is something else as otherwise the more obvious diversion would use the Hambleton curve and the usual route from Church Fenton to the Hull line. rather than going down to Knottingley.
 

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
Of additional interest. The 1st northbound Grand Central HST took a different route to the rest of the diversions. From Doncaster, we went mainline to Hambleton, through Gascoigne Wood, then onto the S&K just south of Sherburn in Elmet.
 

ash39

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2012
Messages
1,524
As the diversions are running again this weekend, thought I'd wake this thread up.

Can anyone confirm if the timings are the same for this weekend as last?

Additionally does anyone know the whereabouts of 67008? If it's the same loco again I'd be less inclined to go out and see it.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
As the diversions are running again this weekend, thought I'd wake this thread up.

Can anyone confirm if the timings are the same for this weekend as last?

Additionally does anyone know the whereabouts of 67008? If it's the same loco again I'd be less inclined to go out and see it.

Are you sure they are running this weekend? The EC website states "We expect a good service across the East Coast route today" and there is no mention of any drags until next month on the RCTS webpage at
http://www.rcts.org.uk/branches/sheffield/trains.htm?id=sheffield/ECMLDrags winter12-13 .
 

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2011
Messages
2,143
As the diversions are running again this weekend, thought I'd wake this thread up.

Can anyone confirm if the timings are the same for this weekend as last?

Additionally does anyone know the whereabouts of 67008? If it's the same loco again I'd be less inclined to go out and see it.

It was sat in Doncaster sidings most of yesterday, then moved into a south facing bay platform before heading south about 3pm.
 

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
As the diversions are running again this weekend, thought I'd wake this thread up.

Can anyone confirm if the timings are the same for this weekend as last?

Additionally does anyone know the whereabouts of 67008? If it's the same loco again I'd be less inclined to go out and see it.

I am fairly sure the next diversions are in january.
 

ash39

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2012
Messages
1,524
Ah that makes sense then, I can't remember where I read it now but they must have been mistaken about the dates. Would have to be very unlucky for it to be 008 again in January then!
 

43094

Member
Joined
19 May 2010
Messages
1,009
The next planned diversions at a weekend via Askern are Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th January. All day, both days.
 

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
Ah that makes sense then, I can't remember where I read it now but they must have been mistaken about the dates. Would have to be very unlucky for it to be 008 again in January then!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is 008 again. It did the tyne valley drag's on the saturday in september & would have done the sunday drag had it not failed.

Hopefully it will something different. 023 or 024 would do me.
 

Searle

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2012
Messages
1,580
Location
Ladbroke Grove

Ferret

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2009
Messages
4,131
I saw 67008 earlier this evening at York dragging a Mk4 set with 91101 on the rear. Attempted a photo, will see what that looks like on the laptop later!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top