DM352
Member
Fake videos (at least 10 mins long to maximise the click) that claim to show how to install latest Android to a non supported Redmi phone that still works. Spolier it does not work.
This drives me madIt's worse when someone is on Facetime or video chat on public transport and they're shouting very loudly to the other person.
Add to this, videos about literally anything on youtube being done entirely by AI.Fake videos (at least 10 mins long to maximise the click) that claim to show how to install latest Android to a non supported Redmi phone that still works. Spolier it does not work.
I live in Canada now and is takeout or pickup here but when I speak to my parents in the UK they say they had a takeout and I say do you mean takeaway? For some reason it does not go down well and similar happens when they say they will get a cab and I say taxi.I've noticed McDonald's staff try and take your receipt away after you show them your takeaway order. It just annoys me to no end.
Another thing: British people calling takeaway "takeout". My cousin is very guilty of this.
I sometimes evaluate vendor products and have seen AI listed in the glossy marketing PDF but in reality it is a glorified search database function! I think AI can be called a spectrum!Anything that is not acutally Artificial Intelligence being called Artificial Intelligence - Statistical models are never artificial intelligence.
Such as the Wirral, Mildmay, Windrush, Elizabeth, Northern, Piccadilly, Central, District, and Metropolitan lines?When TOCs call it a "line" when it's actually 2 or 3 lines that branch off. The Weaver Line and Merseyrail's Northern Line spring to mind.
They have to package by weight, as food (particularly meat) is priced by weight from the suppliers, think it's law too they have to price by weight.Discrete food items being packaged by weight.
An example. We often cook a meal that uses chicken thigh fillets. We have 2 each. The fillets are sold in the supermarkets in small and large boxes of fillets.
Annoyingly there very often an odd number of fillets in the boxes, meaning we end up with an odd number in the freezer.
Why in earth can't they sell them as packs of 4 or 8 etc and charge more or less fir the pack depending on it's actual weight. They do after all do this for other meats, e,g a joint of sirloin is so much per kilo and the actual price charged is dependent upon the actual weight of the joint.
They can price by weight and then price each pack individually by what it actually weighs... a lot of the meat I buy is priced like that ( e.g. neck of lamb )They have to package by weight, as food (particularly meat) is priced by weight from the suppliers, think it's law too they have to price by weight.
Yes which is what happens with joints of beef, legs of lamb etc.They can price by weight and then price each pack individually by what it actually weighs... a lot of the meat I buy is priced like that ( e.g. neck of lamb )
Similarly, when reopened lines are called a 'rail link' or '(something) Railway' when '(something) Line' would've worked perfectly fine. Think it's just for PR purposes, to make it sound grander.Another annoyance, this time railway-related.
When TOCs call it a "line" when it's actually 2 or 3 lines that branch off. The Weaver Line and Merseyrail's Northern Line spring to mind.
The fix is so simple, just call it "lineS"!!!
Northumberland Line?Similarly, when reopened lines are called a 'rail link' or '(something) Railway' when '(something) Line' would've worked perfectly fine. Think it's just for PR purposes, to make it sound grander.
See: Borders Railway, Ebbw Valley Railway, Levenmouth Rail Link.
This week's "Pointless Celebrities" are all repeats, though, aren't they? But what on earth is "The Festive Finish Line" in its place?The BBC messing around with TV schedules when it is not even Christmas week! Pointless should be on at 1715, no other time is acceptable.
This week's "Pointless Celebrities" are all repeats, though, aren't they?
I only watch the “celebrity “ shows when there is someone I know participating.Celebrities now seem to be a case of "could anyone other than your family recognise you?", if the answer is yes then you are a celebrity!
Just pocket the receipt as soon as you get it, then when they call out your order number, you just say thank you and take the tray/bag. Annoys me more when the machine is out of paper and you can't get a receipt!I've noticed McDonald's staff try and take your receipt away after you show them your takeaway order. It just annoys me to no end.
Just turn off notifications for news apps.Those news flashes that come up your screen while you doing something on the iPad. All too often they happened days ago and the news is out of date. Today I got a flash that at least three had been killed in a shooting at Bondi Beach: that was four days ago and the death toll was higher. I am also asked to consider whether Bonnie Blue is going to be sent to prison: didn’t they say a few days ago that she is just going to be deported.
Also in McDonald's on those self-service machines, they haven't finished all of the translations. If you put it in Welsh for example, on the receipt page about the printer failing it will have some placeholders instead of actual text, like __PRINTER_FAILED_TO_PRINT__.Just pocket the receipt as soon as you get it, then when they call out your order number, you just say thank you and take the tray/bag. Annoys me more when the machine is out of paper and you can't get a receipt!
Just pocket the receipt as soon as you get it, then when they call out your order number, you just say thank you and take the tray/bag. Annoys me more when the machine is out of paper and you can't get a receipt!
I'd agree with you in most cases... However, I recently watched a rather nice documentary on a railway line in Japan that survived by selling rice crackers and seaweed cakes and so on - no subtitles available but there was an English auto dub so I could follow along quite happilyTalking about YouTube, automatically dubbed videos. Seen some Jean-Michel Jarre interview shorts from a French or Belgian broadcaster where they've been dubbed but still have French subtitles, feels really weird.
Though in some ways not as weird as some Scandinavian interviews of people who don't speak any of the languages and it all just being in English with appropriate subtitles. On the Scandinavian talk show Skavlan one british celebrity (possibly John Cleese) remarked that going on his show was a good way to learn Swedish, before it being pointed out that the host, Frederik Skavlan, was Norwegiean and one of the other guests was Danish!
Well it was a bit hidden but I got itAs for things I would ban,:
Lancashire, train guards and managers who say a train is calling at a terminal station, people who turn trains into 75mph discos, burgers that fall apart as soon as you look at them, stereotypes, Manchester City...

What? You'd miss out on some comedic gems like these from my news feed....Just turn off notifications for news apps.



Let it go; the average supermarket punter doesn't care and/or they're not intelligent enough to understand.At the moment in supermarkets, it's people dumping frozen items on the shelves. Had to waste so much today because people see the chilled party food section and think "oh, I don't need these frozen halloumi fries any more. I'll just shove it here on a nice warm shelf instead of walking the ten seconds to put it back in a freezer!'
It think it is more don't care than lack of intelligence, they will know to put them in the freezer when they get home, but they don't care about wasting someone else's property.Let it go; the average supermarket punter doesn't care and/or they're not intelligent enough to understand.