Drogba11CFC
Member
- Joined
- 15 Sep 2009
- Messages
- 941
People who go to hotels with the sole purpose of keeping as many people up as possible should be banned from all branches of said hotels for life.
People who go to hotels with the sole purpose of keeping as many people up as possible should be banned from all branches of said hotels for life.
In the case of my parents, 2 and 3 were either receieved as presents or inheritied so they'd have probably felt guilty about getting rid of them.People - and I include my dear parents in this from the 1970s and 1980s - who buy and accumulate things solely for "well - in case someone comes round". Including but not limited to:
1) drinks cabinet full of spirits and liqueurs they neither liked nor would ever consume,
2) vast sets of crockery (blue Wedgewood was the favourite of my parents),
3) similarly vast sets of "fussily cut" crystal drinking glasses of every possible type of drink and a few more too.
Just. Why?
In the case of my parents, 2 and 3 were either receieved as presents or inheritied so they'd have probably felt guilty about getting rid of them.
I will be ruthless when it's time to clear their house...In the case of my parents, 2 and 3 were either receieved as presents or inheritied so they'd have probably felt guilty about getting rid of them.
This was back in April, in the Coventry Premier Inn before attending Model World Live. Very loud talking and a smell of what I suspect was cannabis in the corridor.What sort of fresh hell are you staying in tonight chap!![]()
My fathers already made a start. He had a big clear out after mother passed away in 2004. Nowadays no nick knack, unused crockery, ornament or glass is safe from a one way trip to a charity shop. He says it will save me time when his numbers up.I will be ruthless when it's time to clear their house...
When my mum moved from our old home to a retirement style property, my sister and I were indeed ruthless.I will be ruthless when it's time to clear their house...
My wife likes to hoard (of course, she might well accuse my OO and HO models are the same trait!). Her hoard is mostly dresses, shoes and handbags.I actually have a fairly solid rule of thumb for the attic now which is that, bar seasonal decorations, and boxes for expensive things recently bought which may need returning, nothing else should really be up there. If it's living in the attic for years on end, it's clearly not being loved, so might as well get rid.
True, you never save a life, just delay death!All those articles that give advice about your health and tell you how to ‘reduce your risk of death’. You can’t reduce your risk of death: it is 100% whatever do or don’t do.
With a module on said course devoted to learning not to stop dead in the middle of the pavement when staring at your phone, and another module about not watching videos on your phone as you walk along, instead paying attention to the world around you...Not a ban but I think everyone should go through a five day course of how to use their smartphone
...and where to find the silent mode do I don't need to know everytime they receive a message. Also to inform them it doesn't just have a loudspeaker mode.Not a ban but I think everyone should go through a five day course of how to use their smartphone
Spot on! It’s a phone not a 2 way radio!...and where to find the silent mode do I don't need to know everytime they receive a message. Also to inform them it doesn't just have a loudspeaker mode.
With a module on said course devoted to learning not to stop dead in the middle of the pavement when staring at your phone, and another module about not watching videos on your phone as you walk along, instead paying attention to the world around you...
-Peter
I had three different contractors in succession on speakerphones at the hardware store yesterday who stopped next to me. It was tempting to join in but instead I need to get an old discontinued phone* and playback the pacer squeeling overture on joint track starting with Oldham Mumps or the recent loud 455/7Spot on! It’s a phone not a 2 way radio!
It's worse when someone is on Facetime or video chat on public transport and they're shouting very loudly to the other person.Spot on! It’s a phone not a 2 way radio!
It isn't her official photo. Her mother took the picture in between the actual official shoots.Reminds me of that recent portrait photo of Princess Isabella of Denmark to mark her 18th birthday. She couldn't let go of her phone for even the few minutes it took the photographer to take the photo. So her official photo which gets hung on the walls of palaces has her firmly clasping her phone. I'm amazed she even managed to look away from it for a second to look at the photographer.
![]()
Another episode in my never-ending annoyance with other users of supermarkets. People who place their trolleys sideways against the shelves and walk well away, but come dashing back shouting (yes, shouting) when you move it so that you can get something off the top shelf.
Not just me doing that, then?the new trend for websites to make you sign up or pay to get rid of cookie mostly news sites
I just go elsewhere