When a takeover happens at a company and the outgoing/transitional management reassure staff the new company have "deep pockets" so nothing to worry about.
Depending on the type of company and the funding, a lot of funders contractually require the outgoing CEO/MD/owner (as appropriate) to stay on, e.g. for 2 years. I find the optimism from outgoing senior management who remain lasts around that amount of time, then they jump ship.
I worked for a company which got taken over by a very large multinational. A few weeks after the papers were signed, a load of stuff came out about their ethics which was.. awful. Think bribing dictators in Middle Eastern countries sort of ethics. Our old company decided to, ahem, hang fire on adopting the multinational's corporate identity until a new ethics regime had been put in place, senior management and the board at the new owning company had been flushed out, and things had mostly blown over. Once that happened, our senior management started to drift off into other companies. A few years later I caught up with one of the people I used to work with at the company and he said our entire division had been outsourced.