Cross City
Member
I would like to ban it from raining when England are playing
Always does in Manchester, because it's the grimmest place imaginable.
I would like to ban it from raining when England are playing
Always does in Manchester, because it's the grimmest place imaginable.
So says someone from Birmingham?Always does in Manchester, because it's the grimmest place imaginable.
So says someone from Birmingham?![]()
So says someone from Birmingham?![]()
Hear hear, I'd absolutely choose Manchester over Birmingham any day of the week!
The only benefit Manchester has over Birmingham is that it’s farther away from London...Hear hear, I'd absolutely choose Manchester over Birmingham any day of the week!

I was thinking that all the Londoners would see this as two bald men fighting over a comb…The only benefit Manchester has over Birmingham is that it’s farther away from London...![]()
So as far as you are concerned, it's a tribal following thing rather than sports event.I don't mind it raining when England are in a losing position at a test match, it is when they are winning and a rain delay affects the result.
Oh for pity’s sake……..
![]()
Plan for biggest Nessie search in more than 50 years
Volunteers have been sought for the effort which is to feature drones fitted with infrared cameras.www.bbc.co.uk
I believe that this new search effort may be somehow connected with a forthcoming review of pub and bar closing times in the Inverness and Fort Augustus areas.....What exactly is your position on this business? Do you wish for the Loch Ness Monster and everything to do with it, to be eradicated from human ken for all time; or just for the more daft manifestations of interest / curiosity re the matter, to be banned?
Oh for pity’s sake……..
![]()
Plan for biggest Nessie search in more than 50 years
Volunteers have been sought for the effort which is to feature drones fitted with infrared cameras.www.bbc.co.uk
I'd prefer to go hunting for the Snark.What exactly is your position on this business? Do you wish for the Loch Ness Monster and everything to do with it, to be eradicated from human ken for all time; or just for the more daft manifestations of interest / curiosity re the matter, to be banned?
I'd prefer to go hunting for the Snark.
If it were to be 'banned' would it not be the case that Nessie assumed a level of interest not seen in decades?! Great for the Loch Ness tourist business.What exactly is your position on this business? Do you wish for the Loch Ness Monster and everything to do with it, to be eradicated from human ken for all time; or just for the more daft manifestations of interest / curiosity re the matter, to be banned?
Ban the Boojum!That's all very well, as long as it doesn't turn out to be a Boojum.
I don't get the issue here. In every supermarket I've ever frequented people enter and queue at the manned checkouts end on as the checkout aisle is only big enough for the trolley to be moved along lengthways. If the queue exceeds the length of the checkout then people will leave a gap large enough for cross traffic. I've never experienced a walkway blocked by a checkout queue.Another supermarket one. People who use the manned tills and then park their trolley end on to it while they load their purchases: this sticks out into the main passageway and gets in everybody’s way. For good measure there are usually two of them (often elderly couples), one of whom stands at the handle end of the trolley, so further blocking the passageway.
Marginally better, I suppose, than when the gameshow host says that "We have to accept your first answer".Why are we required to "lock in" answers on game shows these days?
…. and why do they take ages to say whether they are correct or not once the contestants have given the answer?Why are we required to "lock in" answers on game shows these days?
I thought thats what annoying, repetitive, useless ads were for…. and why do they take ages to say whether they are correct or not once the contestants have given the answer?
Oh I know. Spread a 15 minute show into half an hour……
Then there's the dragging out the name of a winner whilst the camera flicks from close-ups of each contestants face all designed to create false tensions.Why are we required to "lock in" answers on game shows these days?
Every single one! Jim Bowen didn't ask you to lock in your answer on Bullseye. Bob Holness never asked you to lock your answer in on Blockbusters. Its turned into an irritating 21st century gameshow buzzword and needs to go... soon!
I may be wrong here, maybe mixed up with somewhere else but I think Stafford Station is like this. Benefit is that you walk in forwards with your suitcase or bicycle, reach your floor then simply carry on walking forwards. No tricky reversing involved.I want to ban lifts with doors on both sides. You stand there when you reach your floor, facing the doors you got in at, and nothing happens. Then you realise that the doors have opened behind you.
There's a lift at Farringdon stationn where you exit the door which is at 90 degrees from the one that you entered.I may be wrong here, maybe mixed up with somewhere else but I think Stafford Station is like this. Benefit is that you walk in forwards with your suitcase or bicycle, reach your floor then simply carry on walking forwards. No tricky reversing involved.
We have a lift just the same in a Wetherspoons in Blackpool town centre, ground and first floors are as normal and the top floor for the roof terrace is a side doorThere's a lift at Farringdon stationn where you exit the door which is at 90 degrees from the one that you entered.