• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Comedic "things you would ban": minor things that irritate you

Fyldeboy

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2020
Messages
171
Location
Swansea
The waving of EU flags at the Last Night of the Proms.

Mind you, the way things are going, it probably won't be too long before the Last Night of the Proms is banned.
People who can't sing, singing. Banning Last Night of the Proms would help with this - so it gets a thumbs up from me.

Edit: Forum software that doesn't allow you to insert a thumbs up emoticon!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
I think I'd ban this thread, I can't believe I've read 2,341 posts :D :D . The trouble is I've enjoyed it :D
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,373
Location
Yorkshire
The waving of EU flags at the Last Night of the Proms.

Mind you, the way things are going, it probably won't be too long before the Last Night of the Proms is banned.
That's a good idea, seeing as it's about as entertaining as a sloth race!
 

Paul Jones 88

Member
Joined
15 Dec 2020
Messages
446
Location
Headcorn
Strictly Come Dancing
Britain's Got Talent
X Factor
Michael MacIntyre Shows
The Masked Singer
The Masked Dancer
And any other stupid chav programs.
 

duncanp

Established Member
Joined
16 Aug 2012
Messages
4,856
Strictly Come Dancing
Britain's Got Talent
X Factor
Michael MacIntyre Shows
The Masked Singer
The Masked Dancer
And any other stupid chav programs.

Couldn't agree more.

"Other stupid chav programs" includes practically anything on ITV2, such as "Dress To Impress", as well as "The Only Way Is Essex", "Made In Chelsea", and any program whose title begins "..The Real Housewives Of..."

And I would also ban those stupid property programmes such as "..Escape to the Country/Sun/Coast.." etc etc etc.

I cannot stand watching ditsy couples wandering round various houses saying "I don't like this" or "I don't like that", whilst all the time rubbing our noses in it that they have got £750,000 to spend on a property whist millions of us are having sleepless nights worrying about how to pay the mortgage/rent. <( <(
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,889
People wanting to ban TV shows because they don’t like them. It’s very simple: don’t watch them in that case.
 

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Joined
3 May 2015
Messages
15,214
People wanting to ban TV shows because they don’t like them. It’s very simple: don’t watch them in that case.

See also: People complaining about YouTube content that they both don't pay for, and have the option of not watching.

(e.g. People complaining about All The Stations in 2017 because it was a "jolly" or not following the "correct" rules etc etc.)
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,960
Location
Devon
When you forget to shake the ketchup bottle and squirt that weird little bit of water out first by mistake…
 

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,047
Location
Up the creek
People who, when you are sitting on a bench eating your lunch, sit down on the same bench and light up. They are usually upwind and tend to stretch their arms out so that the ash off their cigarette is liable to end up in in your food. This is particularly annoying when there are other benches around with nobody using them. (On one occasion at Portsmouth Harbour station, where there are seven or eight benches on Platform 1, I was having a coffee and a sandwich while I waited for the next boat. I was the only person sitting on any of the benches, but a chap still walked down the platform, sat down on the same bench and lit up.)
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,373
Location
Yorkshire
We should therefore ban anyone who answers "Red Sauce" in the sausage sandwich game.
Anyone who actually calls it "Red Sauce" gets a yellow card at least. Admittedly Brown Sauce will confuse any foreigners- it's not exactly a usefully descriptive name... but if you call tomato ketchup "red sauce" I'll probably be surprised you managed to put your socks on in the morning without falling on your face.
 

SuspectUsual

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2018
Messages
6,844
Chewing gum

Or if I’m forced to allow it, mandatory prison sentences for people who talk whilst chewing gum, and for people who spit it out onto the pavement
 

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
Chewing gum

Or if I’m forced to allow it, mandatory prison sentences for people who talk whilst chewing gum, and for people who spit it out onto the pavement
One reason my father hated/disliked Alex Fergusson.
 

dgl

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2014
Messages
3,070
Strictly Come Dancing
Britain's Got Talent
X Factor
Michael MacIntyre Shows
The Masked Singer
The Masked Dancer
And any other stupid chav programs.
Given, from what I understand, it took quite a while to tell that Viking was Morten Harket on the masked singer then you have to wonder who they have on the panels.

Plus talent shows make you sign incredibly restrictive contracts that any sane person would be mad to sign, plus you probably won't get to see the 'real' judges unless they see that you are easily sellable or so bad that you will make Good TV, there are a few rounds of producers First.
 

D821

Member
Joined
1 Sep 2021
Messages
628
Location
The Wirral
Black Friday.

Buy some stuff at a "low" price, only because they whacked up the prices last month to discount it this month.

And the adverts can do one, too.
 

Paul Jones 88

Member
Joined
15 Dec 2020
Messages
446
Location
Headcorn
Bone China Jack Russell dogs with pronounced genitalia like the one on the book case that belongs to the sister in law, absolutely awful.
 

Top