Whistler40145
Established Member
Tidenham being the final closed station on this journey
I assumed Peterborough East is on the line to ElyAssuming we reversed to access the Northampton and Peterborough, should not Peterborough East have featured.
Following Castor we arrive at Nassington
Assuming we reversed to access the Northampton and Peterborough, should not Peterborough East have featured.
Following Castor we arrive at Nassington
Castor
I assumed Peterborough East is on the line to Ely
I assumed Peterborough East is on the line to Ely
But to get from the GN at Peterborough North onto the line to Northampton, a train would have to go via Peterborough East, there is no other connection.This is the danger of NOT looking at the journey preamble which states the lines to be traversed, as after the Great Northern Railway heading northwards, the following lines are to be traversed:-
Northampton and Peterborough Railway
LNWR Northampton to Market Harborough Line
GNR Leicester to Peterborough Line
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME IN THE LAST 72 HOURS THAT i HAVE HAD TO REMIND ALL CONTRIBUTORS OF THE NECESSITY OF FOLLOWING WHAT HAS BEEN STATED IN A JOURNEY PREAMBLE.
I was NOT questioning the need to call at Peterborough East.Following Castor we arrive at Nassington