Bob Price
Established Member
- Joined
- 8 Aug 2019
- Messages
- 1,244
Interesting to see the early Chester Crewe shuttle is four cars, leaving two at Crewe for a later service. First time I've seen four in service together.
I doubt the second 197 will wait either, so they’ll probably be left at Chester for quite a while, or told to change again at ShrewsburyI've just gone and looked at RTT, it appears I may have to do a smaller leap on the 197 than planned but it'll just be nice to get one done on my local line at long last.
Got to feel for those passengers on the 197 out of Holyhead who will have to change trains in Chester!
Yes, so it'll be onto the 1136 Birmingham service (158820) for a change at Shrewsbury then. That in itself is very ironic, as the 1136 also started from Holyhead as a very delayed 197 (197004) which is now forty minutes late.It's an hour late so no chance of it waiting.
Photo on Facebook class 197 group shows it as 019Yes, so it'll be onto the 1136 Birmingham service (158820) for a change at Shrewsbury then. That in itself is very ironic, as the 1136 also started from Holyhead as a very delayed 197 (197004) which is now forty minutes late.
Unlike the Holyhead service, the set swap at Chester was planned of course, as 197s can't go to Birmingham yet, but very much like the Holyhead service, those who boarded before Chester will now also miss the train that their original 197 is being swapped for.
So the 158 will be filled with 197009s passengers instead of 197004s passengers. Somewhat ironic, although perhaps it's just as well that the second 197 will miss it, else it would no doubt be rammed.
The train taking over HHD - CDF has left Chester - 6L - but no allocation is provided. Hopefully it is 019 as planned.
Realtime Trains | 1T94 1020 Chester to Cardiff Central | 12/06/2023
Real-time train running information for 1T94 1020 departure from Chester to Cardiff Central on 12/06/2023. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
Its 197019Well I've just seen that too, and I had just positioned myself for a journey to Leominster to pick it up. Given the allocation has now gone, I've voted against it.
67010 is making a mighty big noise on the 103x towards Cardiff though, which was worth coming down for!
Yes, we’ve discussed how it became a 158 instead1v92 was swapped at Chester due to the booked driver not signing 197.
You should do that journey! It's definitely 019, allocation is showing on the old schedule rather than the new one.Well I've just seen that too, and I had just positioned myself for a journey to Leominster to pick it up. Given the allocation has now gone, I've voted against it.
67010 is making a mighty big noise on the 103x towards Cardiff though, which was worth coming down for!
I have now also seen this picture. We’ve finally got a 197 going to Cardiff!Photo on Facebook class 197 group shows it as 019
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Its 197019
You should do that journey! It's definitely 019, allocation is showing on the old schedule rather than the new one.
Will look forward to seeing any photos of the 197 if you get someI took advantage of the sunshine to top up my cycling mileage before the day's second coffee
I see it's running around 12 late at present, which is good as it gives me extra time for the rather delayed coffee to kick in. Looks like I might be able to get 67010 back from Abergavenny, which is mighty tempting.
Such a shame I don't have the time today to take it all the way to Cardiff as I would have liked to!
I agree. Its VERY frustrating!!A 158 from Chester. Almost a joke at this point.
197019 picture taken by a friend from his house half mile north of Cwmbran.Will look forward to seeing any photos of the 197 if you get some![]()
Will look forward to seeing any photos of the 197 if you get some![]()
It's operated from Chester to Cardiff, and yes, it is the first 197 to operate south of Shrewsbury in service.Just to be clear – as today's posts are somewhat confusing! – 197019 has operated from Holyhead to Cardiff (and is now on its way back) today, and this is a first for a 197?
This makes me think of the line "the future is nie old man" they've finally entered revenue service in South Wales.197019 picture taken by a friend from his house half mile north of Cwmbran.
And not a minute too soon, either!This makes me think of the line "the future is nie old man" they've finally entered revenue service in South Wales.
Swanline first, I believe, though that's just from what I've been hearing. Limited daily services, with the bulk of Swanline remaining 153 for now.Hopefully introduction will get faster from now on in and they are soon on Manchester-Cardiff/Milford/Carmarthen etc!
Yes look to be the same all week.Are the diagrams due to be the same tomorrow?
Thank you much appreciatedYes look to be the same all week.
.That's correct. Booked for the two afternoon Swanlines that end up going to Chester (1505 from Swansea and 1645 ish from Llanelli). The rest are booked for 153s but its not uncommon for a 150 to turn up on any of them.Swanline first, I believe, though that's just from what I've been hearing. Limited daily services, with the bulk of Swanline remaining 153 for now.
I think the excitement is that they finally managed to get one to Newport/Cardiff, two of the main stations on the TFW network, in passenger service at long last. Chances are it would have been a 2 car of something anyway so not a lot of difference in capacity but a much nicer train.I'm not sure there should be any sort of excitement about TfW managing to run a 2 car unit from Holyhead all the way down to Cardiff, irrelevant of whether it is a new train or not.
I believe Shrewsbury all the way to Manchester via Crewe is not yet signed off for passenger service despite training runs going on constantly.That's correct. Booked for the two afternoon Swanlines that end up going to Chester (1505 from Swansea and 1645 ish from Llanelli). The rest are booked for 153s but its not uncommon for a 150 to turn up on any of them.
Is the issue between Shrewsbury and Manchester the entire route or just between Shrewsbury and Crewe they arent cleared?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I think the excitement is that they finally managed to get one to Newport/Cardiff, two of the main stations on the TFW network, in passenger service at long last. Chances are it would have been a 2 car of something anyway so not a lot of difference in capacity but a much nicer train.
Are there still only 15 of the 2 carriages accepted into passenger service? No sign of any 3 cars yet?Unfortunately until some more 197s are accepted this is only going to stretch the TFW fleet to an already overstretched limit. Doesn’t appear to be any multiples along North Wales today, all trains look overcrowded.
Thanks. i suppose not too much of an issue at the moment given they wont have any booked workings on the Milford-Manchester route until later in the year and most of the Shrewsbury-Manchesters are either MK4 or run through to/from West Wales.I believe Shrewsbury all the way to Manchester via Crewe is not yet signed off for passenger service despite training runs going on constantly.
Good photos! I cant wait for the first one to turn up on my local route (Swanline!). Im going to try on ride one the first day of service if I can.I've been a busy ol' bee since the 197 left over 2 hours ago. I have got a video clip, but given it's recorded from a road bridge the noise probably won't be clear anyway.
Attached are photos of 197019 taken from the road bridge just south of Hereford stationI tried to justify the near £16 day return to Abergavenny, but I just couldn't do so with the limited time I would have in Abergavenny to do some exploring. The photos had to do, the Emergency Backup Fund has been left intact. If it had been on a day off, I'd have been on it but I have work this afternoon.