Armchair Bob
Member
197012 on MIA - LLD today. I have it as it's first day in service.
Appears to be swapping to 004 from Chester at 13:50 for some reason197012 on MIA - LLD today. I have it as it's first day in service.
Faults on the unit.Appears to be swapping to 004 from Chester at 13:50 for some reason
So are we expecting 175s to come to an end on Llandudno workings (With the exception of the diagram which attaches to the 20:30 Manchester-Cardiff) and being completely ran by 197s?Faults on the unit.
Planned for 017 to enter service next week at some point, for 175s to start being withdrawn after that. 101 may also be able to be accepted by the end of the month.
One would think replacing the fire damaged ones and any in bits on depots would be the first units to replaceFaults on the unit.
Planned for 017 to enter service next week at some point, for 175s to start being withdrawn after that. 101 may also be able to be accepted by the end of the month.
I don't know what order the diagrams will cease for 175s/ increase for 197s. All I do know is that once 15 197s have been accepted, 175s start being withdrawn on a 1 in 1 out basis.So are we expecting 175s to come to an end on Llandudno workings (With the exception of the diagram which attaches to the 20:30 Manchester-Cardiff) and being completely ran by 197s?
I don't know what order the diagrams will cease for 175s/ increase for 197s. All I do know is that once 15 197s have been accepted, 175s start being withdrawn on a 1 in 1 out basis.
It does however depend on Angel's lease conditions of course. If they have to be returned in working order then they may well need repairing first.Wow, the start of the end of the 175 era is almost here, it seems to have come around fast! I'd agree with the other person who suggested the damaged ones should be first to be withdrawn, that makes the most sense.
It does however depend on Angel's lease conditions of course. If they have to be returned in working order then they may well need repairing first.
Correct. For the first week of 197 operation, when the only service was down the branch, it required it's own extra ECS working, as it couldn't travel down from Chester coupled to the Sprinters for the other early morning services from the Junction.I assume its easier for a 197 to be allocated to the Conwy Valley branch if most others in North Wales are 197.
In an emergency they can be stabled overnight at Llandudno Junction. This happened once when they were first introduced to the Blaenau Branch.Can 197s be stabled overnight at other locations at the moment or do they all start from Chester depot? (not including those that might be in Canton or Crewe and not in service yet)
That seems to run every Sunday? I've seen 197s on it before.197018 on a Chester - Warrington relief this lunchtime.
Anyone know the reason?
Apologies if this has been discussed prior, but are the 175s been withdrawn completely, or just going off lease for now?I don't know what order the diagrams will cease for 175s/ increase for 197s. All I do know is that once 15 197s have been accepted, 175s start being withdrawn on a 1 in 1 out basis.
Withdrawn by TfW to go off lease and back to the ROSCO. They may be fully withdrawn and scrapped if a new lessor cannot be found.Apologies if this has been discussed prior, but are the 175s been withdrawn completely, or just going off lease for now?
The 197s aren’t my favourite trains, but I am really impressed by the rate TfW seem to be introducing them
Long shot, but don't suppose you know which units are parked in which location?Realtime Trains | 6Q97 0944 Wolverton Centre Sidings to Crewe C.S. (L&Nwr Site) | 06/02/2023
Real-time train running information for 6Q97 0944 departure from Wolverton Centre Sidings to Crewe C.S. (L&Nwr Site) on 06/02/2023. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
Realtime Trains | 4G97 0525 Crewe Bas Hall S.S.M. to Wolverton Centre Sidings | 06/02/2023
Real-time train running information for 4G97 0525 departure from Crewe Bas Hall S.S.M. to Wolverton Centre Sidings on 06/02/2023. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
Path in tomorrow for a 197 move.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
**Mr Donnington Update (7/2/23)
TFW Class 197042 is the recent arrival at Donnington RFT bringing a total of 19 units stored at the site. A mixture of 2 and 3 cars.
Interesting! Strange workingThat seems to run every Sunday? I've seen 197s on it before.
Swapping back over again at 11:52. So 006 will be back on diagram.197006 on 1D32 MIA-LLD at the moment however being swapped at Chester for 2x153s
Edit- I'm told it's no fault of the 197, just the next driver hasn't signed 197s yet.
It seems to be happening again so I'd take a safe bet as yes as its an easy way to increase diagrams.Is the Conwy Valley permanently back to being booked for a 197?
It certainly looks to be happening this week at least with the 21:45 off Llandudno only going to Chester and a separate service to continue onto Crewe which is how it was when the 197 was on the branch previouslyIt seems to be happening again so I'd take a safe bet as yes as its an easy way to increase diagrams.
It’s a 153 today.It seems to be happening again so I'd take a safe bet as yes as its an easy way to increase diagrams.
I've got:Long shot, but don't suppose you know which units are parked in which location?
Had a really brief stop on the way into Telford yesterday so could only get a quick photograph from the A518 roadbridge (looking towards Telford)what was in that part of the yard.
From that It looks like these are parked up(all painted in TFW colours)
Line 1(nearest the freight offices) from the front.
197104 or 105(paperwork for either 197104 / 197105 in window* both at front of line but didn't write down in which line!)
197113
1970??
DT
Carriage
Carriage
Carriage
DT
Carriage(on buffer blocks)
Line 2
1970??
1970??
1970??
1971??
1971??
1970??(on buffer blocks)
Line 3
197104 or 105(paperwork for either 197104 / 197105 in window* both at front but didn't write down in which line!)
1971??
1970??
1970??
1971??
1970??(on buffer blocks)
Bit of a struggle of those on the blocks to be certain if it was a carriage or DT(was going off looking for steps and the top of a red front roof).
Gives a idea of what is about.