The lights are just horrid, look like something from the 1970s. Hope this isn't really what they'll look like.
Yeh looks like the lights on class 89 Avocet .
The lights are just horrid, look like something from the 1970s. Hope this isn't really what they'll look like.
Yeh looks like the lights on class 89 Avocet .
Body lines haven't changed but frontage has changed a bit.
![]()
![]()
They even kept the body length orange line just above the doors and extended it on to the front.
The Gospel Oak to Barking line trains will have Tube-style seating, similar to London Overground trains on the East and North London lines.
West Anglia trains will have some transverse seating. Both train types will include wheelchair spaces and multi-use areas which can be used by cycles.
Will that justify them being different sub-classes of whatever number they eventually carry?
So from the information I've gleaned/interpreted/made sense of, there will be two distinct fleets:
- West Anglia pool: 31 units AC-only with interior based on the S8 design - based at Ilford
- Watford/Goblin pool: 14 units dual-voltage with interior based on the 378 design - based at Willesden
Subclasses would be far too logical, if I've got my facts straight![]()
Even if that's true, it's only 35-38 mins end-to-end!Oh ffs! Not my GOBLIN, most travellers on there go a long way.
Oh ffs! Not my GOBLIN, most travellers on there go a long way. S8 seating will be much better especially as a 4 car everyone will be spread out
Even if that's true, it's only 35-38 mins end-to-end!
Will the GOBLIN ones be able/allowed to run on any route operated by the current 378s?
The source that described the seating arrangements on the two sub-fleets also indicated that there's an option to extend the new trains to five cars., which I assume to be the maximum length of a single Bombardier EMU as it is for the 378s.
The source that described the seating arrangements on the two sub-fleets also indicated that there's an option to extend the new trains to five cars., which I assume to be the maximum length of a single Bombardier EMU as it is for the 378s.
It's not a Bombardier limitation. My understanding is that there are infrastructure limitations on Overground that prevent the use of trains longer than 5x20m.
http://http://www.globalrailnews.com/2015/07/20/first-look-at-the-newest-addition-to-london-overgrounds-fleet/
First images released. As has been stated before on here new build off the aventra platform. Not a fan of the lights but other than that not bad!
![]()
NotATrainspott is referring to the TMS on the 378, which in its current configuration, will apparently not accept more than five carriages per unit.
I seriously doubt there is a lot of end-to-end travel. I've noted relatively large numbers of people boarding at Crouch Hill and Upper Holloway travelling to Gospel Oak.But if there is lots of end-to-end travel would that suggest a low turnover of seats? If so there may be a lot of people that will no longer have much chance of a seat
These new trains wouldn't be allowed to run on the ELL because they don't have end escape doors for the narrow Thames Tunnel.
I'm surprised there's not a similar restriction on the Watford DC, aren't the single bore tunnels under Primrose Hill pretty tight?
I don't think these new trains will be for the Watford DC, all that I've seen says they are to replace the ex-Greater Anglia trains. 378s do have the escape steps for those tunnels.
I don't think these new trains will be for the Watford DC, all that I've seen says they are to replace the ex-Greater Anglia trains. 378s do have the escape steps for those tunnels.
6 x 4 car units will replace 6 x 5 car 378s from the DC lines (still to be lengthened), the 378s released will augment services on the NLL and ELL. The link to the relevant TfL board paper is in my earlier post #47 in this thread, repeated from the 378 thread: https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/fpc-20150617-item16-part-1-lotrain.pdf
Paragraph 3.6 of the report.
