This one I assume https://www.gov.uk/raib-reports/report-13-2020-collision-and-derailment-at-neville-hiller, what Azuma derailment? Is that another name for the ICE?
You will have to explain the comment further as I can't make any sense of it.
This one I assume https://www.gov.uk/raib-reports/report-13-2020-collision-and-derailment-at-neville-hiller, what Azuma derailment? Is that another name for the ICE?
You will have to explain the comment further as I can't make any sense of it.
Only if that area is your focus. I had forgotten about it.When the Azuma collided with a Hst at Neville Hill, the Azuma then derailed. It makes absolutely perfect sense.
so it is, I forget the different names for the same rolling stock.An Azuma is the LNER hitachi train.
makes absolutely no reference to 80 mph derailmants, and so is probably completely irrelevant...The derailment occurred because the design of the Intercity Express Train is susceptible to derailment in low speed collisions. This susceptibility is related to the use of high-strength couplers with large freedoms of movement in pitch and yaw. These features were part of the train’s design. However, the impact of these features on the train’s resistance to derailment and lateral displacement in low speed collisions, was not considered by the train’s designers.
There was a low speed collision in 2019 in Leeds where a class 800 (the LNER class 80x are referred to as “Azuma”) ran into an HST. It caused the Azuma to jackknife across the adjacent running line.er, what Azuma derailment? Is that another name for the ICE?
You will have to explain the comment further as I can't make any sense of it.
it’s relevant to discussion of the role of the bar coupler in the behaviour of the train in the incident.However the RAIB comment
makes absolutely no reference to 80 mph derailmants, and so is probably completely irrelevant...
I think the claim was that the springing and the pitch and yaw restraint was relevant, not the bar coupling itself. and 80mph?.There was a low speed collision in 2019 in Leeds where a class 800 (the LNER class 80x are referred to as “Azuma”) ran into an HST. It caused the Azuma to jackknife across the adjacent running line.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
it’s relevant to discussion of the role of the bar coupler in the behaviour of the train in the incident.
Between the middle cars and between the middle cars and the power cars, the ICE 1I looked up the German ICE disaster as I thought part of the cause of the jackknifing was that they stuck with screw-couplings between coaches, but it's not mentioned.
The ICE1 sets are not screw coupled. From photos they look to be Dellner-type couplers.I looked up the German ICE disaster as I thought part of the cause of the jackknifing was that they stuck with screw-couplings between coaches, but it's not mentioned.
Neville Hill a few years ago. https://www.gov.uk/raib-reports/report-13-2020-collision-and-derailment-at-neville-hiller, what Azuma derailment? Is that another name for the ICE?
You will have to explain the comment further as I can't make any sense of it.
thank you. Previously explained in post #392/394.Neville Hill a few years ago. https://www.gov.uk/raib-reports/report-13-2020-collision-and-derailment-at-neville-hill
Can all the repairs not be done at Polmadie?Realtime Trains | 5H88 0624 Polmadie Car M.D. to Longsight Car. M.D. | 21/11/2025
Real-time train running information for 5H88 0624 departure from Polmadie Car M.D. to Longsight Car. M.D. on 21/11/2025. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
It’s repaired already?117 now headed to Longsight this morning after repairs at Polmadie.
There was a picture of it on Facebook earlier with a new front cone and under its own power moving to Manchester.It’s repaired already?
That’s impressive!There was a picture of it on Facebook earlier with a new front cone and under its own power moving to Manchester.
could it have been made fit to travel for that one journey ECS?There was a picture of it on Facebook earlier with a new front cone and under its own power moving to Manchester.
The RTT schedule (linked above) said it was timed for 56mph (90km/h) max, which suggests it was not in prime nick.could it have been made fit to travel for that one journey ECS?
Ignore timing loads on RTT. That does not translate down to what they willThe RTT schedule (linked above) said it was timed for 56mph (90km/h) max, which suggests it was not in prime nick.
That's almost certainly a data error, likely because it's a VSTP schedule.The RTT schedule (linked above) said it was timed for 56mph (90km/h) max, which suggests it was not in prime nick.
There were a few cancellations on the Avanti website when I looked first thing that morning. As I was intending to travel around that time. Something to do with the problems the previous day I thought.Judging by RTT, 1M07 was cancelled between Glasgow C and Preston to facilitate the movement down to Longsight.
How have you worked that out from RTT?Judging by RTT, 1M07 was cancelled between Glasgow C and Preston to facilitate the movement down to Longsight.
Could be problems the previous day then, I didn't think about cross-referencing with anything else. Odd that the ECS had booked stops from Motherwell down to Preston though.There were a few cancellations on the Avanti website when I looked first thing that morning. As I was intending to travel around that time. Something to do with the problems the previous day I thought.
More of an educated guess based on the fact that it ran in the path of 1M07, and had stops scheduled at all booked stops to Preston.How have you worked that out from RTT?
Entirely possible that 1M07 had been cancelled after the signalling failures around Stoke displaced stock, and then control took the opportunity of a free path to send the unit south.More of an educated guess based on the fact that it ran in the path of 1M07, and had stops scheduled at all booked stops to Preston.
I completely forgot about the Stoke signal failures, yeah probably that then.Entirely possible that 1M07 had been cancelled after the signalling failures around Stoke displaced stock, and then control took the opportunity of a free path to send the unit south.
It’s repaired already?
56ms^-1 which is 125mph...The RTT schedule (linked above) said it was timed for 56mph (90km/h) max, which suggests it was not in prime nick.
390117 is back in traffic today