RealTrains07
Established Member
- Joined
- 28 Feb 2019
- Messages
- 1,905
Did wonder as i have seen more refurbished units with old virgin vestibules than ones with the refurbished blueYes, they're about 10 trains behind, but keeping pace
Did wonder as i have seen more refurbished units with old virgin vestibules than ones with the refurbished blueYes, they're about 10 trains behind, but keeping pace
Also the retexturing of the toilet ceiling from Virgin’s fake wood to the brushed metal look, which for some reason isn’t done when they retexture the saloon conduits at Widnes.A new toilet roll dispenser cover & toilet seat is all I’ve noticed
The 390 I was on yesterday had it too, though that could have been the same unit, as I was also in coach C and it was unrefurbishedLooks like one of the A/C units on a Pendolino Unit was leaking condensate. Never seen that happen before on one of these units. Would be a first time leak due to rain as well if that were the case: -Click Here- Twitter Source: @B___K_____
I assume when this older unit(by looks of it) is refurbed the A/C unit will get reworked or nada?
Must be the weather with them on full whackThe 390 I was on yesterday had it too, though that could have been the same unit, as I was also in coach C and it was unrefurbished
Only /1s left are: 117, 121, 134, 135 & 152.What stage of refurbs are we at now? Surely can’t be far off all /1’s being done!
Only /1s left are: 117, 121, 134, 135 & 152.
Ah sorry, this doesn’t include the unit currently in for refurbishment, I believe 137 is currently being refurbished.Which one of these 5 11 cars have gone for refurbishment?
137 came out last Friday (16th?)Ah sorry, this doesn’t include the unit currently in for refurbishment, I believe 137 is currently being refurbished.
My bad, I was looking at ukraillog.137 came out last Friday (16th?)
Weird how its rarely happened on the Voyagers of which often seem to be mentioned as poorer quality.
Spot on, all Air Conditioning units generate an amount of Condensate (Physics doesn't lie) its what happens to it afterwards which differsMust be the weather with them on full whack
Spot on, all Air Conditioning units generate an amount of Condensate (Physics doesn't lie) its what happens to it afterwards which differs
More likely from tiny holes in the roof than the water tank.You did get drips on Mk3s sometimes, but it was from a different source - leaks in the toilet flush water tank.
More likely from tiny holes in the roof than the water tank.
Apologies, I had a week off last week to roam the rails so had to play catch up this evening - all updated nowMy bad, I was looking at ukraillog.


That is the timing load, it will definitely not be an 805 or 807.Hi, first post so apologies if this is a stupid newbie question...I have searched, I promise!
Looking at RTT, the 08:56 Avanti service ex-BHM to EUS is showing as "Pathed as Class 80x on electric" on Sunday 2 July. Normally it's either 390 EMU or as a Diesel Multiple Unit / Diesel Locomotive, i.e. a Voyager. This isn't going to be a new Hitachi train, is it? The seating plan loaded in the App appears to show an 11 car Pendolino. Is this some way of indicating perhaps it's an unrefurbished 11 car Pendolino or something, is it a typo, or am I missing something, if so, what? Did I miss the memo that Avanti now has their new Hitachi trains in service?
View attachment 138200
Most of the time from what I've seen is the seating plan always shows an unrefurbished 11 car if it's any Pendolino for now.The seating plan loaded in the App appears to show an 11 car Pendolino. Is this some way of indicating perhaps it's an unrefurbished 11 car Pendolino or something, is it a typo, or am I missing something, if so, what?
They did say in their post that they got the seat plan up in "the App" (Avanti's?)One way to find out which is to do a dummy booking on Trainsplit and see what the seat map shows.
The timing for the 80x fleet was put in early as they are slightly slower as they cannot tilt, so need a slower timetable for when they are introduced.is it a typo, or am I missing something, if so, what? Did I miss the memo that Avanti now has their new Hitachi trains in service?