In every job I have had, no one has ever tried to cancel any of my booked leave, including my years with FGW. They can, and have asked me to cancel or change my leave, and I have done when I haven't had any holidays or travel booked, but if anyone had told me my leave was off, I would have been very annoyed.
I think I would probably have informed my employers in writing that I would still be taking my previously agree and authorised leave. I would certainly not have tried to tell them I was sick on the day or days in question, so based on what has been said there is clearly fault on both sides here.
I think I would probably have informed my employers in writing that I would still be taking my previously agree and authorised leave. I would certainly not have tried to tell them I was sick on the day or days in question, so based on what has been said there is clearly fault on both sides here.