• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the secret sealed document and his arrest

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,044
Location
Up the creek
I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. Merely being at the rapist and paedophile's house and attending his parties, many times, even maintaining contact after his convictions, is quite enough.

Oh, indeed, but one should not use as evidence something that may have a reasonable explanation. There are plenty of things to condemn him on, but you weaken your case and others, both in a court of law and in the court of public opinion, if you use as evidence something that may be later shown not to be in any way criminal.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
Joined
22 Apr 2010
Messages
8,349
In common with rather a lot of people with too much money, I think the ex-Duke/Prince made a very bad choice of friends. We will probably never know just how much Epstein's "friends" knew about his evil activities.
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,734
Location
Scotland
We will probably never know just how much Epstein's "friends" knew about his evil activities.
It goes without saying that some knew more than others (by virtue of being participants) and, no doubt, some people he simply kept around on the basis that they might be useful to him at some point in the future.
 

MP33

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2011
Messages
635
On another Forum. I have been suspended for 14 days, not only from the Forum but the entire site as well.

My crime was, after staying with a number of other members. In a Hotel, with rooms on the top floor named after members of The Royal Family. A comment that there is still an Andrew room, was taken as condoning Paedophilia.

If that had been made as a public allegation. I would be discussing whether it was actionable, with my Solicitor.
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,734
Location
Scotland
My crime was, after staying with a number of other members. In a Hotel, with rooms on the top floor named after members of The Royal Family. A comment that there is still an Andrew room, was taken as condoning Paedophilia.
The logic there eludes me!
 

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,571
Location
Lichfield
So glad the Queen has passed as think what all these new revelations would have done to her.

She may not have known the intricate details, but I don't for a second believe she didn't know Andrew was up to no good...
 

gingerheid

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
1,726
This feels like the issue that could end the royal family, it's getting a lot worse than I thought at first.

I did always wonder why he didn't just say "Well yeah, I'm rich and divorced and I used prostiutes, and I gave them a bit of dignity by not asking for passports to check their age if they looked 18 to me". Clearly he knew there was more to come out and didn't know how much of it would.
 

GusB

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
8,177
Location
Elginshire
This feels like the issue that could end the royal family, it's getting a lot worse than I thought at first.

I did always wonder why he didn't just say "Well yeah, I'm rich and divorced and I used prostiutes, and I gave them a bit of dignity by not asking for passports to check their age if they looked 18 to me". Clearly he knew there was more to come out and didn't know how much of it would.
I don't think that it will end the Royal Family. It has forced "the firm" to take some steps towards modernisation by cutting some of the dead wood and hangers-on.

I'd like to see the whole monarchy abolished entirely but a slimmed-down version would be a good second preference.
 
Last edited:

MP33

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2011
Messages
635
I was also accused, as I posted a poem about Jeffrey Epstein and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor previously. Of having an unhealthy interest in the subject of Paedophilia.

I will admit, that, and this included President Trump as well. An interest in making comments about public figures in poor taste.

I suspect that there, has been.

Someone, or more than one, who embarrassingly. Hid in plain sight, as Jimmy Savile did.

When someone is up in arms about something. They are far from being an anti.
 

Harpo

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2024
Messages
3,958
Location
Newport
He is going to move into Marsh Farm in Sandringham.
Andrew moving to anywhere on a royal estate gives the impression of the King harbouring Andrew. Perhaps the Harry experience of not keeping a potential enemy close has had an effect?
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,559
Location
Taunton or Kent
Andrew moving to anywhere on a royal estate gives the impression of the King harbouring Andrew. Perhaps the Harry experience of not keeping a potential enemy close has had an effect?
The problem the King and the rest of the royals have, is that Andrew can't just go and live in a semi somewhere, he still needs security as he will attract all sorts of unwanted attention. Of course if it transpires he's been up to no good then I hear jails have plenty of security, but he needs to be put on trial first (so in a way the royals are harbouring him in this respect).
 

JamesT

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2015
Messages
4,911
The problem the King and the rest of the royals have, is that Andrew can't just go and live in a semi somewhere, he still needs security as he will attract all sorts of unwanted attention. Of course if it transpires he's been up to no good then I hear jails have plenty of security, but he needs to be put on trial first (so in a way the royals are harbouring him in this respect).
There would also need to be sufficient evidence of a crime having been committed. Andrew may be an unpleasant individual, but he’s probably managed to stay on the right side of the law.
As I understand it Virginia Giuffre was above the age of consent in the UK, I’ve not seen any reports of girls coming forward saying they were underage (in relation to Andrew). The other strand is that the girls were trafficked, but I believe the law at the time allows for a defence of being unaware the victim was trafficked. As I’ve seen others comment, Andrew is arrogant enough to think girls would be throwing themselves at him anyway.
 

gingerheid

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
1,726
Andrew moving to anywhere on a royal estate gives the impression of the King harbouring Andrew. Perhaps the Harry experience of not keeping a potential enemy close has had an effect?
The way they're going about it is showing how out of touch they are. We keep getting told how awful this terrible property is, but almost the entire population couldn't even dream of living in such a beautiful and spacious property.
 

EYFanatic

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2025
Messages
667
Location
Hell's Dungeon
As I understand it Virginia Giuffre was above the age of consent in the UK, I’ve not seen any reports of girls coming forward saying they were underage (in relation to Andrew).
That was one of the issues I had (and still have despite her passing) with her account - that and the many lies she tried so very hard to cover up such as the switch between husband being her saviour and then the next week being her abuser, said husband (later ex-husband) getting a restraining order against her, the person she publicly retracted statements about someone she accused and the "I was in a car crash, have renal failure and have four days to live" incident where the police and bus camera footage proved otherwise

If I can find it, there is a manuscript published last year from a Munich professor looking into the possibility of manipulation of the infamous image. If I can find it, I shall edit this post and link it as it makes for interesting reading
 

MP33

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2011
Messages
635
I will refrain from any further funny comments about Andrew.

I will say that, Epstein, Trump and Co. Are the gifts that keep on giving. As, far as gallows humour is concerned.
 

EYFanatic

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2025
Messages
667
Location
Hell's Dungeon
If I can find it, there is a manuscript published last year from a Munich professor looking into the possibility of manipulation of the infamous image. If I can find it, I shall edit this post and link it as it makes for interesting reading

Found it...

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2507.12237
...Although the image appears plausible at first inspection, discrepancies become
evident when it is compared with photographs from the same camera as
provided during the Giuffre–Maxwell trial (Fig. 2A). Those reference images
exhibit substantially lower spatial resolution than DM2023. Moreover, in
contrast to unrelated photographs produced with the same camera model, the
flash characteristics of DM2023 diverge from the expected optical properties
(Fig. 2B). "In the hands of a talented forger, the methods for manipulating images
may be applied so skillfully that the faked image appears authentic, even to a
trained eye. But these same methods often leave anomalous patterns that are
too regular to be accidental....
It is "Constructed Realities? Technical and Contextual Anomalies in a High-Profile Image" by Professor Matthias Wjst of Munich Technical University. I found it quite interesting in terms of taking it very seriously with links to sources at the end.

(If I have formatted it wrongly as I seem to often do because I can never get it to go correctly, I apologise and trust one of the moderators will clean it up)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,559
Location
Taunton or Kent
So, perhaps of no surprise to anyone, Mandelson was not the only one reported to have shared confidential information with Epstein, as Andrew is reported to as well:


Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor appears to have knowingly shared confidential information with Jeffrey Epstein from his official work as trade envoy in 2010 and 2011, according to material in the latest release of files in the US seen by the BBC.
Emails from the recently-released batch of Epstein files show the former prince passing on reports of visits to Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam and confidential details of investment opportunities.
Under official guidance, trade envoys have a duty of confidentiality over sensitive, commercial, or political information about their official visits.
The former Duke of York, who served as trade envoy between 2001 and 2011, has been contacted for comment but is yet to respond.
Andrew has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing. Being named in the Epstein files is not an indication of misconduct.
The emails indicate that on 7 October 2010, Andrew sent Epstein details of his official upcoming trips as trade envoy to Singapore, Vietnam, Shenzhen in China and Hong Kong, where he was accompanied by business associates of Epstein.
After the trip, on 30 November, he appears to have forwarded official reports of those visits sent by his then-special assistant, Amit Patel, to Epstein, five minutes after receiving them.

Andrew told BBC Newsnight in 2019 that he last saw Epstein in New York in early December 2010 to tell the disgraced financier he was breaking off the friendship.
However, on Christmas Eve that year, he emailed Epstein a confidential briefing on investment opportunities in the reconstruction of Helmand Province, Afghanistan, which was overseen at the time by British armed forces and funded by UK government money.
By this time, Epstein was already a convicted sex offender.
Sir Vince Cable, who was then business secretary, said: "I was unaware of Andrew... sharing information about investment opportunities [in Afghanistan] before, this is the first I've heard of it."
In a further email dated 9 February 2011, Andrew suggests Epstein might invest in a private equity firm he visited a week before.
Official terms of reference for trade envoys state that they "are not civil servants", adding: "However, the role of a Trade Envoy carries with it a duty of confidentiality in relation to information received. This may include sensitive, commercial, or political information shared about relevant markets/visits.
"This duty of confidentiality will continue to apply after the expiry of their term of office. In addition, the Official Secrets Acts 1911 and 1989 will apply."
Andrew has faced years of scrutiny over his past friendship with Epstein.
 

Mogster

Member
Joined
25 Sep 2018
Messages
1,032
Found it...

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2507.12237

It is "Constructed Realities? Technical and Contextual Anomalies in a High-Profile Image" by Professor Matthias Wjst of Munich Technical University. I found it quite interesting in terms of taking it very seriously with links to sources at the end.

(If I have formatted it wrongly as I seem to often do because I can never get it to go correctly, I apologise and trust one of the moderators will clean it up)

Very interesting. I‘ve always thought the photo looked dodgy, the lighting, the body positions. As the paper says, it also feels too perfect, too convenient. I wonder if we’ll ever find out how created it, assuming it isn’t real, and why. I’m a keen photographer and interested in the technical side of photos generally, I’ve looked at this image a lot. It’s fascinating and will be a piece of history.

Of course none of this changes Andrew Windsors predicament.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,657
Location
LBK
Very interesting. I‘ve always thought the photo looked dodgy, the lighting, the body positions. As the paper says, it also feels too perfect, too convenient. I wonder if we’ll ever find out how created it, assuming it isn’t real, and why. I’m a keen photographer and interested in the technical side of photos generally, I’ve looked at this image a lot. It’s fascinating and will be a piece of history.

Of course none of this changes Andrew Windsors predicament.
It has been confirmed by the latest release to be almost certainly real, because Ghislaine Maxwell references the photo and when it was taken.


BBC News - Email appears to confirm Andrew and Virginia Giuffre photo is real

An email seemingly from Ghislaine Maxwell appears to confirm that a photograph of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor with his arm around Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of sexual abuse, is real.

The former prince, who has always denied any wrongdoing, has previously questioned whether the picture had been doctored and claimed he had never met Giuffre.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,889

Mogster

Member
Joined
25 Sep 2018
Messages
1,032
Who knows, Maxwell has said on record she didn’t recognise it. Then there are emails purported to be from Maxwell suggesting Guiffre was taking photos. There’s certainly a lot of questions surrounding the image as a whole and its veracity. The paper linked above suggests it may have started out being a photo of Maxwell alone then the other figures added. It appears none of the images were taken with the disposable camera Giuffre says was used.
 

Harpo

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2024
Messages
3,958
Location
Newport
In no way do I want to diminish Guiffre's status as an Epstein victim but consider 'that' photo did it's job and need not be questioned now.

The man formerly known as prince however seems to have gone on to provide enough evidence of his lieing and use of Epstein's pimping to put himself even more firmly on the hook for both that and now the leaking of financially useful information.

Guiffre needs to be left in peace without further question, and the prisoner of Sandringham called to account.
 

JamesT

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2015
Messages
4,911
In no way do I want to diminish Guiffre's status as an Epstein victim but consider 'that' photo did it's job and need not be questioned now.

The man formerly known as prince however seems to have gone on to provide enough evidence of his lieing and use of Epstein's pimping to put himself even more firmly on the hook for both that and now the leaking of financially useful information.

Guiffre needs to be left in peace without further question, and the prisoner of Sandringham called to account.
The problem is that Guiffre's "evidence" is rather suspect. In previous court cases her first memoir was described as "fictionalised", she admitted she'd made bits up. Other events were proven to have been impossible to happen. If you know some of it is a lie, how can you trust any of the rest?
 

Mogster

Member
Joined
25 Sep 2018
Messages
1,032
I also find the printing of falsified images in the press disturbing. If the image was manipulated then who did that or arranged for it to be done? The DM broke this story, was the DM involved?

Andrew got what was coming, I have no sympathy, but who will it be next time?
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,559
Location
Taunton or Kent
Andrew and Mandelson seem to be trying to outdo each other in who can provide Epstein with the most controversial material:


A document apparently sent by Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor to Jeffrey Epstein included information on investment opportunities in gold and uranium in Afghanistan.
The BBC has seen a briefing, prepared for Andrew by UK officials when he was a trade envoy, which he forwarded to the convicted sex offender in December 2010 and includes a list of "high value commercial opportunities" in Helmand province.
This comes after the BBC reported that the former prince had called the document "confidential," according to an email in the latest tranche of Epstein files.
Andrew has previously strongly denied any wrongdoing in his associations with Epstein and rejected any suggestion he used his time as trade envoy to further his own interests.
He has been approached for comment.

Sir Vince Cable, who was business secretary at the time, described sharing the briefing as "appalling behaviour".

Thames Valley Police are already assessing whether to investigate the apparent sharing of documents related to Andrew's time as trade envoy.

As well as the Afghan document, Andrew also seems to have sent the disgraced financier official reports from his visits as a trade envoy to Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam, according to emails in the Epstein files seen by the BBC.

Emails in the files raise the possibility Andrew shared further trade documents with Epstein. One message indicates that a few seconds after sending the reports from the South East Asia visits, the former prince then sent a second batch of files called "Overseas bids".

These seem to be "Zip files" that usually contain many compressed pieces of information.

The Afghan document, which is in the Epstein files, was compiled by UK government officials specifically for the then Duke of York.

It provides an extensive overview of investment opportunities in Helmand province, at a time when the UK was militarily and politically committed to rebuilding Afghanistan.

As Andrew said in his note to Epstein, it's a "confidential brief produced by the Provincial Reconstruction Team in Helmand Province".

It was a briefing produced for Andrew - who was trade envoy between 2001 and 2011 - in the same month that he visited Helmand, where he saw UK troops based there.

It gives an assessment of the current local economy and the business opportunities, including "significant high value mineral deposits" and the "potential for low cost extraction".

This includes valuable natural resources such as marble, gold, iridium, uranium and thorium and also possible deposits of oil and gas, with the information prepared by UK government officials, working for the Helmand reconstruction team.

According to official guidance, trade envoys have a duty of confidentiality over sensitive, commercial, or political information about their official visits.
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,559
Location
Taunton or Kent
You are not seeing things, Andrew has been arrested:


Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, BBC understands​


Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, the BBC understands.
 

styles

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2014
Messages
4,961
Location
Gwynedd
You are not seeing things, Andrew has been arrested:

Wow, I'm quite impressed. I imagined him to eventually disappear from the headlines and get away with it.

Admittedly this is for misconduct in public office rather than any of the potentially more severe offences.
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,559
Location
Taunton or Kent
Arrested on suspicion of misconduct in a public office: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c70kjr9wjw0t



Reported at 1000 exactly, so some sort of embargo in play there I think.
I imagine it was either a dawn raid or late last night, so as little attention could be grabbed at the time.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Wow, I'm quite impressed. I imagined him to eventually disappear from the headlines and get away with it.

Admittedly this is for misconduct in public office rather than any of the potentially more severe offences.
Makes the US look even worse now in relation to holding their elites to justice.
 

Top