blackettstreet
Member
I don't think any non-religious married couples think sex is the be-all-and-end-all, which you seem to be implying.
I'm not trying to, but it seems to be suggested by some.
I don't think any non-religious married couples think sex is the be-all-and-end-all, which you seem to be implying.
Well why would someone want to? Sex is the be-all and end-all to a marriage?
But you must have an initial attraction. Yes, personality is important but there *must* be an initial attraction of something, whether it's looks, charm, wit, style or whatever. You can't discover a personality on first impressions.So people try to attract people to spend their life with by sex appeal?
(Don't bother following up on that comment, I know it's sadly true.)
I know that is not how I would want to find someone who I would marry.
There was nothing in my comment or the comment you originally quoted to say that. You have decided to say that.
That doesn't mean, of course, that you can't then find someone attractive once you've got to know them and learnt more about them and discovered what their personality is like (this will happen more often than not in a work situation), in fact this is what happened with me and my wife.
Just because it is a common occurence in our society doesn't mean that the societal values that are in place to bring about such behaviour shouldn't be questioned. I have no moral qualms about the dresswear of the opposite sex, and nor do I believe that they should not have the choice to wear whatever they please as they freely wish.far from it, if thats what you think fair enough, but perhaps your christianity is covering you up from the real world. this is everyday dress in this day and age. As your 13 i wont suggest going to a nightclub, but realistically 90% of girls in nightclub enviroments wear far less.
So people try to attract people to spend their life with by sex appeal?
I know that is not how I would want to find someone who I would marry.
Well why would someone want to? Sex is the be-all and end-all to a marriage?
People look for different things in a relationship, whether you agree or disagree with it doesn't make it right or wrong.
I bet some of the things I look for in a relationship you'd disagree with as well, but that doesn't make it wrong, it just makes me different from you.
i'm unmarried, live with fiance and have a beautiful daughter. Wouldnt change it for anything, I've everything i could wish for, have my home, 2 nice cars, everything i could possibly want and very happy. I wouldnt have any of it if my fiance didnt fall pregnant outside of marriage as that brought us closer together from just being just a "casual" relationship.
I am getting married on saturday though!
Ah, that's why we have dating! When you find out that you just aren't compatible, and you 'choose' someone else.But then I would not want to choose someone just because of an initial physical attraction, then discover their personality.
I know. I haven't being trying to say that something is right or wrong.
So what's your issue with the photo then?
Congratulations mate. There is still time to come to your senses though you know![]()
Time to grab a beer put your feet up and sit on here all night. This could get messy !
....(exasperated sigh).......if I remember correctly, that's how this all began....:neutral:
All I have to say, is I am disgusted - not even at its use to try and win the competition, but at its simple existence. I feel it is completely immoral.
No.
It won't.
Oh yeah I forgot. You are too young to have a beer![]()
Oh yeah I forgot. You are too young to have a beer![]()
And too Christian :P
I know. I haven't being trying to say that something is right or wrong.
Charles Wells Banana Bread Beer.
any good is it? keep seeing it in asda and almost but not quite buying it!
No disrespect intended towards you here, but in a couple of years (if not sooner), then you will view that sort of picture in a totally different light, regardless of religous views.
Secondly, I see you're a Newcastle United fan like myself, when you're 18 and going to the match, go for a few pints in Blu Bambu or the City Vaults in the Bigg Market, see plenty lasses with their jubblies out, you'll feel like a pig in s**t
My apologies.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But then I would not want to choose someone just because of an initial physical attraction, then discover their personality
I am getting married on saturday though!

The thing with Keys/Gray was the holier-than-thou/moral high ground aftertones from feminists such as Karren Brady, getting on their high horses about how women are continually discriminated against at work, with absolutely no attempt to tackle the issue of a couple of people saying inappropriate things.
Yes Keys and Gray should've been a little more responsible, but all it needed was a formal apology
So, actually, the whole thread was about nothing then?
Because they have free will and wanted to? As far as I am concerned they can give whatever impression they like, as long as they do it freely.But there is no reason for them to choose to dress in such a manner, then pose for a photo, unless they were trying to give a certain sort of impression.
People can, and do, choose to sexualise themselves; sexuality is a very important part of some people's lives and is perfectly normal.I can only view this as sexulisation.
I actually agree with that.However, would the company have chosen to also dress male staff in such a suggestive manner? Therefore, I also view this as discrimination. Subtle, perhaps, but discrimination nonetheless.
Again, expressing their sexuality is an important part of many people's lives.It is, in my opinion, but an example of sexualisation in modern society.