Simon Poole
Member
Moving back tonight to Edge Hill;
Longsight 2211
South Parkway 2315
Edge Hill 2323
Is there an reason that (The Extendolino) 11 car Pendolino moving to Longsight?
Moving back tonight to Edge Hill;
Longsight 2211
South Parkway 2315
Edge Hill 2323
You mean like this:
![]()
Don't get me wrong I don't want to see the pendo on the east coast - dreadful trains. It is just all the rumours / press releases etc. Me - I would chose the clapped out trains on east coast over the pendos and voyagers any day. I like my trains comfortable.
Don't get me wrong I don't want to see the pendo on the east coast - dreadful trains. It is just all the rumours / press releases etc. Me - I would chose the clapped out trains on east coast over the pendos and voyagers any day. I like my trains comfortable.
It's not happening. The period for offers of interest have passed, the only operator who put in a bid for the new 390 is VT, and that'll probs be rejected.
Ok, take a pendo from rugby to euston, then get the pretendalino back, please report back your findings
Has anyone confirmed how many pantographs 390 054 has yet?![]()
I guess it's fair enough, as one train with two extra carriages will probably confuse passengers.
So, while it may sound like nonsense, it probably does make sense!?!
And now the mileage on the vehicles in 054 will be out of synch won't they?
Is it going for test on the WCML?
Presumably that'll mean the end of the Pretendolino in regular operation from may?
I haven't read through the entire thread but I thought the set needed to go through acceptance anyway as some of the component are different to the original train so need to be "type approved" So once testing and driver training would need to take place if the train was 9 car or 11.
Testing cancelled today after it failed yesterday afternoon and had to be dragged back early.
Do you know what was up with it?
Well it never turned up Friday!
And reports say it is going to Stafford this week!