Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I interviewed at the end of Jan, had completed all the background checks including medical at beginning of March, and I'm currently waiting for a signalling school place. No word as of yet as to when that will be
I'm not sure which course I'll be doing but I was told it'd either be York, Basingstoke, Coventry or held locally. Thankfully I'm still in a job so the delay isn't too much of an issue. I'll just need to be patient.
I had my medical at the beginning of March and I'm still waiting for a start date. I last heard from my LOM 6 weeks ago who said they were trying to secure signalling school places. I've seen others on this forum who had offers after me are now at signalling school or have at least been given a...
For those currently working as Signallers I'm curious as to what impact the virus situation has had on your day to day jobs. For example, is there enough work to keep people in jobs? I ask because my sister works in Air Traffic Control where staff are now being furlouged and I wonder if this is...
Yes with everything going on at the moment it's all a bit up in the air just now. Paul said there may be a course running in June but he'll be in touch if/when confirmed.
Hi there, it's good to hear from someone else starting in Rugby. I'm looking forward to getting started too, hoping training won't be delayed too long. Do you live in the Rugby area already?
I suspect you will receive an email just after 10am tomorrow with the link to the tests. I applied for a number of signaller jobs over a few months and I noticed that the automatic emails tend to be sent just after 10am, 2pm and 4pm daily.
That's sensible given the circumstances. Do you think those of us waiting on start dates will be put on hold until the restrictions are lifted or is there a real possibility that our offers will be withdrawn?
The plan was to start us a week before signalling school - I believe there's 7 of us due to be starting at the same time. I'm not sure what they would do with 7 of us at one location if we were started and not in signalling school for weeks. I agree with what you have said, a delay would be far...
Has anyone had any word from NWR regarding Signalling School and whether courses have been cancelled/postponed? I'm waiting on a start date but with recent developments I'm fairly certain I won't be starting in May/June as was originally suggested by my LOM.
I got confirmation from HR today that all my pre-employment checks were complete. They've requested a start date from my LOM but they did mention in the email this could take a while due to limited spaces at Signaller school. I know the LOM is chasing up Signaller school dates I'm just hoping I...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.