The Planner
Veteran Member
- Joined
- 15 Apr 2008
- Messages
- 19,728
Should be taken out of TSDB tonight apparently.
I assume you work somewhere in the industry, are you able to tell me, the layman, what those trains were doing bookable on the system? Simply a screw-up? Cheers!Should be taken out of TSDB tonight apparently.
Does anyone know when the set will enter service or when further sets will come on stream?
I spoke to a Guard on sat and I can tell you the set is out on thursday, It works:
1J80 0645 Marylebone - Wrexham 1044
1P13 1123 Wrexham - Marylebone 1523
Just a question about the DVT's -apart from the driver's cab and, I presume, a guards compartment, are they all just empty space inside? I can't imagine W&S carries that much luggage and bicycles - Would it be physically possible to convert them in part for passenger accomodation?
Just a question about the DVT's -apart from the driver's cab and, I presume, a guards compartment, are they all just empty space inside? I can't imagine W&S carries that much luggage and bicycles - Would it be physically possible to convert them in part for passenger accomodation?
Yes, they only have the cab, guard's office and cycle and luggage space.
I think it would be possible to convert them to have some passenger space, but I doubt the increase in capacity (Which wouldn't be very much) would be able to justify the cost of doing so.
The DVT`s have no passenger seats due to rules in place at the time of building that prohibited passengers in the leading vehicles of trains that travel at more than 100 mph
its possible to referb them I supose but where would the guard go?
http://www.geoff-plumb.fotopic.net/p61047406.html
http://www.geoff-plumb.fotopic.net/p60934157.html
I have got to say, those toilets looks fantastic!![]()
http://www.geoff-plumb.fotopic.net/p61047406.html
http://www.geoff-plumb.fotopic.net/p60934157.html
I have got to say, those toilets looks fantastic!![]()
Looks like the first public run with the new stock will be the 16:33 from Marylebone to Wrexham tomorrow, Wednesday 30th September 2009. Train will be "on show" at Marylebone for a few hours before apparently.
Cheers, Geoff