railstorms
New Member
- Joined
- 2 Sep 2013
- Messages
- 3
I am starting as a conductor in a few weeks and I have a medical in the next few days.
I am worried because I currently take propranolol for anxiety. I don't suffer terribly with it, and have been on this medication for about a year.
I am just worried that they will frown upon this, as anything related to mental health still has such a stigma attached.
I know this is stupid but I am tempted to not declare that I take this drug. I have been on it over a year and feel fine, but I don't want to delay the process by having them write to my GP etc.
I am also aware this drug can cause side effects in people, things like drowsiness however I have never had a single issue with it.
Anyone advise?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Can anyone help? This post got buried a few pages back as it took the mods a few days to authorise as I'm new
I am worried because I currently take propranolol for anxiety. I don't suffer terribly with it, and have been on this medication for about a year.
I am just worried that they will frown upon this, as anything related to mental health still has such a stigma attached.
I know this is stupid but I am tempted to not declare that I take this drug. I have been on it over a year and feel fine, but I don't want to delay the process by having them write to my GP etc.
I am also aware this drug can cause side effects in people, things like drowsiness however I have never had a single issue with it.
Anyone advise?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Can anyone help? This post got buried a few pages back as it took the mods a few days to authorise as I'm new