Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
Internationally, quite a number of railways have a catchy "audio brand", used both in advertising and for things like the "bing bong" before announcements. Other businesses find this successful, such as Nestle who have a catchy little jingle at the end of all their TV advertising, and more recently the "Ring" brand of video doorbells has used the actual "ding dong" as an audio brand.
Why I wonder do UK TOCs (and indeed bus companies) not do this? I wonder if that master of branding Stenning has thought about it?
Examples from around the world:
SNCF:
SBB:
(one of the three is used depending on which bit of Switzerland you are in, and TV/radio advertising uses all 3 in a row)
DB:
(though I don't think it's been used on announcements, they tend to use the traditional "bong-bing")
BR: Well, sort of - the old 3-tone ascending jingle you got before announcements sort of said "Bri-tish Rail" but I don't know if that was intentional
Why I wonder do UK TOCs (and indeed bus companies) not do this? I wonder if that master of branding Stenning has thought about it?
Examples from around the world:
SNCF:
DB:
BR: Well, sort of - the old 3-tone ascending jingle you got before announcements sort of said "Bri-tish Rail" but I don't know if that was intentional
