mangyiscute
Established Member
To make it clear, I understand fully why we can't run railways where every trains stops at every station it runs through - even local trains should skip stations if it makes sense for other parts of the timetable.
However, I just don't understand why, for example, the Buxton trains only serve Dove Holes and Middlewood every other hour. In the current timetable, these trains sit in Buxton for almost an hour, and after Hazel Grove, the track is not shared with any other passenger services, and very few freight services. It is a double track for the whole length so there is no need for any passing places,
Therefore, I don't see any reason why the stops at Dove Holes and Middlewood could be done on every train - this would cost the services perhaps 2 or 3 mins, so it can just arrive in Buxton 3 mins later and depart Buxton 3 mins earlier.
However, I just don't understand why, for example, the Buxton trains only serve Dove Holes and Middlewood every other hour. In the current timetable, these trains sit in Buxton for almost an hour, and after Hazel Grove, the track is not shared with any other passenger services, and very few freight services. It is a double track for the whole length so there is no need for any passing places,
Therefore, I don't see any reason why the stops at Dove Holes and Middlewood could be done on every train - this would cost the services perhaps 2 or 3 mins, so it can just arrive in Buxton 3 mins later and depart Buxton 3 mins earlier.