I remember being at the wheel of a service bus with forty or so passengers behind me. It was in the countryside, dark in driving torrential rain. Travelling down hill at around 40mph, a direct bolt of lightning struck a tree just ahead and to the side of me. For a moment, the world went blindingly white. Despite screaming passengers and without the aid of tracks to guide me, I maintained course and never felt at any time that the passengers had been endangered. In comparison, the light intensity from a camera flash would be a mere fraction of that from this particular lightning bolt and much less of a surprise too. So I would be most concerned about the nervous disposition of any professional train or bus driver who could not cope with sudden lighting, like a camera flash, as it may suggest epilepsy or some similar condition. I am reassured that steam train drivers do not appear to suffer similar symptoms. And luggage resting on a platform can be a safety issue, a "trip" hazard. There are no bounds if you want to be difficult for the sake of it. The vocal few that continually winge or simply get childishly irritated about the activities of enthusiasts and spotters should remember that like me, a not inconsiderable part of their wage packet is made up from revenue derived from their associated travels. An we're going to need every penny soon.