Hello all. Just a query.
I travel from a station into Piccadilly where I have choice of three TOCs. Correct me if I am wrong with my first assumption but is the fare spilt between the three TOCs, as there is no way they know which service I would use for my return leg...
If this is so then this brings me on to my query. As I was travelling back today there were RP offices at Piccadilly but also at my local station. Several people did not have tickets so I was wondering if they got charged the fixed penalty fare then does that get spilt between all TOCs or just the one they have alighted? As there was a unformed employee from X-country, Virgin Station staff were doing the checking and then three guys who looked like they were in Northern Rail uniform. As Normally it is Northern Rail, as I see them at Deansgate and Oxford Rd, but do they keep all the money, or take a percentage for costs if its another TOC like East Midlands or TPE, or are the RP independent company.
I must say I was quite surprised at how many people failed to have a ticket and wondered how they had got past the people at Piccadilly as they were manning most of the platforms and doors so didn't really have an excuse.
I travel from a station into Piccadilly where I have choice of three TOCs. Correct me if I am wrong with my first assumption but is the fare spilt between the three TOCs, as there is no way they know which service I would use for my return leg...
If this is so then this brings me on to my query. As I was travelling back today there were RP offices at Piccadilly but also at my local station. Several people did not have tickets so I was wondering if they got charged the fixed penalty fare then does that get spilt between all TOCs or just the one they have alighted? As there was a unformed employee from X-country, Virgin Station staff were doing the checking and then three guys who looked like they were in Northern Rail uniform. As Normally it is Northern Rail, as I see them at Deansgate and Oxford Rd, but do they keep all the money, or take a percentage for costs if its another TOC like East Midlands or TPE, or are the RP independent company.
I must say I was quite surprised at how many people failed to have a ticket and wondered how they had got past the people at Piccadilly as they were manning most of the platforms and doors so didn't really have an excuse.
Last edited: